2020 Frame Game - Come Join the Fun This Year!

Yes! right. Sorry. On it. Expect one in this space in a bit.

Considering his watch, fence kitty gets off the fence and plugs in the burner.

ARMA 3?

DCS World?

XPLANE 10?

The cat must finally clear off the image. His presence is no longer required as @rhamorim takes the cake!

DCS recently got updated to no longer have utterly shite night visuals. Night and evening flying now looks as good as dusk. The viper (F-16) has a couple of lights at the base of its tail to make sure everybody knows who it belongs to.

Is DCS an acronym for something?

Digital Combat Simulator, if I’m not mistaken.

EDIT: nice pick, @schurem . I miss flight sims. I’ll post something tonight.

Not mistaken. It’s a buggy mess, but it’s a beautiful buggy mess full of planes and guns and missiles that go zoom and boom and I love it to bits. Also VR.

I looked it up on Steam. Looks like it’s free to play. That sounds expensive.

Yep:

I remember playing Flanker 2.0 back in the day. Good times.

(DCS is the evolution of that line of flight sims)

That’s for every bit of DLC there is for it. The base game is free to play. It contains one map and two planes that are of rather mediocre quality and utility. The add-on planes are about as expensive as a AAA game. And some of them are very much worth it. The plane itself is modelled in excruiciating detail, both in looks and workings. There’s usually also interactive training and some mission content included. There’s also maps and mission content listed on that steam DLC list.

It’s not your average nickle&diming free-to-play title. More a nonconventional business model compared to other games. Check out the F-14 module, it is a work of art.

Indeed, and the flanker is still in the game as a flyable machine. It’s sold seperately for like a tenner and as part of the FC3 pack of planes with slightly lowered complication (and without interactive cockpits). The crane is as fun and beautiful and deadly as ever!

Yeah, I have two DCS modules that I bought when DCS was not yet DCS (Blackshark 2.0 and the more detailed Flanker, if I’m not mistaken). But I no longer have the energy and time flight sims need to be appreciated. I miss many of them though - IL-2 1946, Falcon 4.0 and Mig Alley in particular.

Maybe I’ll buy Ace Combat 7 in the Steam sales. It’s arcade enough that I may be able to enjoy it without the time and effort I’d need with something else.

AC7 is a fun and pretty game. A flightsim it is not.

I don’t think a flight sim takes all that much energy to be appreciated. Not compared to some other games such as say Hearts of Iron, or a Total War. Compared to a shooter game… yeah perhaps a little more.

One of my favourite things to do in DCS is to eat a bit of spacecake, press instant action -> freeflight and just hoon about in some hotrod jet like a MiG 21 or F-16. Ain’t much study needed to do just that. VR baby!

@rhamorim Poke! You’re up.

You’re right!

Shenmue? Probably not. Think we’ve done that one a few times.

Interesting guess. Though repeats are allowed now, it isn’t Shenmue, which is a game/series I have yet to play.

Farming Simulator 201x

GTA 5?

Not the slightest idea, but there’s a distinct lack of felinity in your pic.

Total War, fall of the samurai?