2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Oh wow, I guess I won?!

Oh no, I won!? What do I do now?

You did! If you want a go you find a still from a game you’d like to tease and reveal parts of it. I’ve used Gimp (free, way to many possibilities but I just used the “layers“)for the editing but there are also online tools you can use.

I use Gimp myself. It’s great.

Super short GIMP tutorial by someone who doesn’t know how to use GIMP (me):
Create a new layer that’s on top of the image you made from your game and fill it with colour (or baguettes). Click the little eye and it turn invisible. Click the layer so it’s selected. Now you can use the mark/selection tool to mark whatever you want to show. I had to use “ctrl + x” on my Mac, but there’s probably some way to use delete button. Now click the eye button again on the layer you hid, and then you can chose “file>export” and boom!

Thanks! I’ll post something later in tonight after work, if that’s not too late.

That’s totally fine! As others have told me, no reason to stress if you can’t get a frame out on the same day. Someone will poke you if you totally forget it:)

“Someone” usually being @Kyosho . ;)

You bet I do. Used to be via PM, but when the forum software was updated a couple years ago, I started poking people publicly in the thread itself. And if I was unavailable, other people tended to poke too. Much better doing it this way.

So, while thischarmingman’s mini tutorial was probably helpful enough, I decided to make a video tutorial.

EDIT: I redid the video with better quality and more info. And included a weird issue. But whatever.

Hah! That’s a way better way to do it, thanks :)

Amazingly concise tutorial Kyosho, thank!

Well, here we go!

Lightning Returns?

A close-up in Procession to Cavalry?

Not Lightning Returns, and not Procession to Calvary. The latter is a good guess!

Not too many nibbles, so let’s see some more!

Oh, an elaborate map screen! But I don’t know which post DOS game it could be.

Not getting many nibbles, so maybe a bit more … (just fyi, but it might not be the main screen of the game in question…)

Old world

Expedition: Crusader

Stronghold 2!

Ah, you’ve given it away too easily now with the third reveal. That’s Age of Empires II, or specifically the Definitive Edition because that is the ‘The Hautevilles’ campaign from the Lords of the West DLC.