7 reasons to skip Xenoblade Chronicles

Hello. I've beaten this game and just wanted you to know I agree with much of the things you posted here. Especially with the clunky inventory and quest management. That said, i still think it was a great game and should not be missed by any fan of Japanese RPGs. And wow, lots of children here resorting to personal attacks!

Im playing xenoblade right now. I was actually looking for tips on how to make stronger gems till I passed this website with a rambling jackass spilling his heart out like an emotional mother over a ruined Sunday dinner. Play the game and STFU!

I have this on my soft modded wii. Awesome game and worth the money if you don't play games free.

The article poster obviously didnt get his JRPG released in the states so he's taking it out on one of the better games that did.

Pathetic. Won't be using this site ever again if he's still trolling around these parts. Scumbag.

Going to buy a copy to support GameStop and the company even know I don't need to. You're clearly a online fps type of player. You know the campaigns that if you're lucky break 10+ hours, which god forbid you probably would call that too long as well.

No shit. This guy obviously has no idea what he's talking about. This game has one of the most unique RPG features ever, visions of the future, that alone is a reason to at least pick up the game and try it.

As far as the classic controller goes, if you can play a game with an Xbox controller you can do it with a Wiimote. They call them "remotes" but it's just a normal controller with a comfortable, and very unique feel, with built in motion controls to boot. If you can't handle using the Wii remote over a classic controller then you're on the wrong system, go buy an Xbox or PS3 and quit bitching about the Wii remotes, if you don't like it don't use it, but you're not the only person with an opinion, and there are millions of people that love the Wiimote as a controller in general, because it's exactly the same as an Xbox or PS3 controller, but it fits into your hands better.

Not one of your so called "reasons" were valid, and they were no where near good enough to get someone to avoid a game all together.

Here's one good reason to skip this review: this kid is a 10 year old idiot

#1. Graphics aren't the greatest, but they get the job done and there are many aspects to admire. The art direction is amazing and the environments look imaginative and great. Though if you can, either emulate this game or play on The Wii U. My Wii U with my 1080p HDTV ups the resolution to as clear as it gets, it's great.

#2. The Wii mote is definitely usable. I wanted to start playing with a pro controller but I don't have one. I got used to the Wii remote/nunchuck just fine and now I don't even want to switch.

#3. Who really thinks about if the game is sold as a GS exclusive when deciding if it's worth playing? Really?!

#4. Guess you've never played a JRPG before, you have no idea what you're talking about. The RPG customization is fantastic and there are many other games like this.

#5. What you say here makes me think you've only played the game for 15 minutes, and then wrote this review. You can easily see all of your current and completed side quest info and objectives in a simple menu. And when you're at a shop you can see side by side, the differences of stats across different armor. There is NO NEED AT ALL to write anything down.

#6. Completely not the case. Whenever you want, you can see a story memo that highlights what you're currently doing and where to go. And saving is almost instantaneous, you can save almost any where in the game. That makes it easier to jump back in, and trust me, there is a TON to explore. Playing for 20 minutes to do some battling and side quests before you need to go is fun.

#7. Anyone going into this game knows it's very long. It's a JRPG, and all the great ones are long.

This is the worst review I've ever seen!

Who the hell is this guy!? I thought I heard stupid arguments over the Obama vs Romney debate, but this guy is just plain retarded! So the graphics are outdated. Does that mean I should just trash my ps2? Hell no! Some of my best memories are on that thing! Just because there's something better out there now doesn't mean that dated graphics are bad! This guy is an idiot!

I have been playing this for appx 55 hours now and just got to sword valley. this game is freaking sweet! If you buy the damn HD adaptor it looks even better. I have never played a game like this before and i grew up on final fantasy's, zelda's, etc...I am confused as i read all of your other articles AFTER THIS ONE and they praise this game?! Soooo some of the above doesn't make too much sense. I own a ps3, 360 (x2) the new wii U, and THIS GAME is all i am still playing if that says anything!!! yes there are a few changes i would like to see but damn, all in all this game is AMAZING!!! MUSIC - ART - DETAIL - BATTLE SYSTEM - STORY (THE EMOTIONS) CHARACTERS, ENEMIES (SIZE OF SOME) SIZE OF GAME (LONGER THE BETTER WITH RPGS AND ADVENTURE)...I COULD GO ON.

d stupidest shit i have heard in my life i played dis game n loved it more dan i love myself

This Post is old and talking crap about Xenoblade, but know look at it release price was $50 now 2013 it is a collectible that is now Higher than $100 even for a used on.

I just started playing it. This game looks like shit on an HDTV.

WRONG THE GAME WAS EXCLUSIVE! Now, 7 months after your post, Gamestop has long sold out and has jacked the price of the used game up to $60, that's $10 more than the price of a new one! Of course the used game with art book is selling for $180 on eBay...

Yeah, I just sent this link to a friend of mine who has never even played Xenoblade and he sent me back a multi-page rant arguing points and basically saying this was a terrible review in all regards. Better luck next time dude.

A sum up of what he said was:

1: Great graphics mean little/nothing to a great game, and high-end (high polygon) graphics aren't the only worthy type. Example: Ico/Colosus.

2: If you can't get by without your precious xbox controller, then don't play the **** game.

3: Has nothing to do with whether or not you should play this game.

4: You obviously don't play many JRPGs. It's the very essence of the genre that stats are supposed to be constantly tailored to the environment/monsters. Your in the desert with scorpions, equip poison armor. In the arctic with snow goblins, equip anti-freeze boots Etc.

5: There is more than enough to help with buy/sell/equip in the game. Unless there is literally ZERO method of showing what armor to upgrade to (which there is), there is no reason you shouldn't be able to easily figure it out and/or adapt.

And about side-questing. Since when do RPGs give you detailed (to the T) instructions of how to do everything? Where's the adventure when the game is played for you? Go play WoW and install Quest Helper to speed level if you want that kind of pampering.

6: Yes. This isn't Call of Duty. It's an RPG. That means Roll Playing Game. That means immersion, story, relationship, adventure. Many of the more detailed FF games breached the 60hour mark (heck, so did Twilight Princess). I can't see how "being too long" is a problem for this genre.

7. Again, criminalizing a game due to it's longevity is just plain silly. If that were the way to do it, then Skyrim is a crappy game! Who in their right mind wants to keep going after beating the main quest line!? Insanity! [/sarcasm]

All-in-all, stop reviewing game genres you no nothing about.

Stupid Review, Xenoblade chronicles is the best RPG

u are forgot reason no.8 : because u are don't have WII only view gameplay on youtube..

frankly there is no reason for a videogame to be 120 hours long, no game could possibly have enough unique interesting content to fill up that space. I played the game for several hours because I heard the story was good, but it seems that I have to trudge through hours and hours of difficult repetitive combat in order to see the story bits. If a game wants to be about story then it needs to have mechanics other than combat brought to the forefront.

Oh please.............just because you suck at the game and hate it doesn't mean you have to lie about the game to give it a bad rap. You're just hating and over a video game that is a lot smother than you give it credit for. You're pathetic.

I've played and I get it, but of course........being smart.............well you know.........

" If you expect from your immersive RPGs the technical spectacle of Skyrim, you’re not getting it here." Yup, any credibility you had, is now destroyed.

You don't understand much about videogames, do you?

This is complete bullshit, if you are a true core gamer and you own a wii/wiiu you OWE it to yourself to at least check it out and try to get a hold of a copy be it used or new. Reason no 7..... really? under no circumstance ever would i tell someone to play four shorter average/good games instead of playing one long and completely awesome one. P.S You CAN totally take a break from this game, you are talking out of your ass lol, if you need to catch up/remember things or get back into it just go kill some easy monsters and/or do some sidequests that don't require too much work, if you still can't you are either really shitty at the game or just and idiot i dare say. I know this article is old but i have to comment on this!