7 reasons to skip Xenoblade Chronicles

Nunchuck + Wiimote work great. Enough said. I'm 20 hours in, and this is probably the closest thing to a real final fantasy game than you have played since ff 6.

By the way, the battle system in xenoblade is Extremely Fun.

This review is old.
What about Xeno (Half 2013) ?

Concerning previous statements :

1) This is on wii and it's a chance. Why ? Because you can emulate this.
Emulation improves a loooooot visuals, and allow to play on full def.
Now this game is full stable on last revisions on dolphin.

Don't play it on Wii, play it with your PC...

2) Again, with emulation, you play directly on PC with a XBOX 360 controller. No wiimotes needed.

3) 90% of people is not concerned by that. Don't tell me you're buying all your games. It this takes me 30min to download an iso fo xeno. It's very easy to find it on net.
No US or EU guides, that's true but very good guides are available on the net. And using guides can kill the game experience.

4) True.

5) You seem having a lack of memory, or not using properly the ingame menu. It's easy to compare those things...

6) This game is the one to offer ,after a save loading, a remind of the storyline and so so many tutorials. How can you say that...

7) It's a shame to criticize the long-term of this game... Good RPGs are not for impatient kids. And a good game is always too short... if you like it you always want a little more.

To conclude, like some rare nintendo Wii hits, you MUST emulate those to enjoy the best game experience.

As the years go by, I'm glad this article is preserved so highly by Google's search rankings. I get the kind of honest, child-like amusement from this set of numbers that gets harder and harder to provoke as one gets older.

I just beat Xenoblade today. It's taken me damn near and about 80 hours of gameplay just for the story and another 20-30 for sidequests (90% of which I didn't have time to do). There's a lot of game here, and besides inventory management, which I agree with this post on, I couldn't disagree more with all the other points: I stopped playing for about 4 months and came back and it was fine because the game has a story memo option that informs you where in the plot you are, so you never have to worry about not knowing what to do next. Yeah, it's on the WII, but I happen to have a WII so whatever, and yeah it uses a classic controller, but once again, that was a few extra dollars and was totally worth the experience of the game. I say, disregard this post because Xenoblade is pretty much as perfect JRPG.

Damn near a year*

Well, I thought this would be an interesting read until the writer used, "After the jump," for a paragraph break.

I'm curious about #3 didnt know it was an exclusive, received it as a gift, doesnt mean it should be hated for being on only 1 system. #6 yes you can come back to it after a while, just pretty much run and kill some easy enemies to remember how everything is set up. #7 so what its wii only, who gives a dam. #2 learn to use a wiimote/nunchuk combo, its not that hard. #4 the inventory does have a lot to it but i dont think its game ruining bad. #5 is probably the only thing i really agree with, there are lots of mini sidequests that are normally jsut acquire a few items and bring them to the right person that i dont think there is any way of tracking in game.

one of the only things that really anoys me is how difficult some regular enemies are, even when not even halfway thru the game. and also that there is certain lowish lvl quests that have lvl 90ish enemies you have to beat before you can do it. but both of those are still not enough to hat ethe game in my opinion

Sounds like you just don't like RPGs. Or don't know how to play them :-\

Worst article ever perhaps

Lol I played the entire game on the nunchuk and wiimote and never had a problem. ^^ Maybe some people will have trouble with it but most of the time it's very easy and fun.

There's a reason it's gamestop exclusive. They are the only us store to purchase it, they decided it was a great game and actually had a us version specifically made for GameStop itself, you don't like that play it in Japanese.

Now for 7 reasons this article is irrelevent:

1.who gives a shit if it's Wii exclusive. the Wii needed this. if you are living in 2014 and still care only about graphics then you fail.

2. i have managed fine with the wii remote and nunchuck. it bothers me not a single bit i need to hold c to rotate. the combat is fine with this setup unless you suck terribly at RTS.

3. amazon.com. nuff said.

4.being an rpg, it's about finding the best gear not buying it. the merchants are there to lend a hand. the gems are color coded with E and it even shows you when you have it on that person in the picture. the ones on other equipment are grey E's. not that annoying. in regards to status only gems, maybe you forgot but this is an rpg and you change gear constantly.

5.uh..quest log buddy. pretty much tells you the general idea of what to do. this is an rpg of exploration so it won't all be spoonfed to you.

6. makes no sense. a lot of rpgs easily go over 50 hours. star ocean: the last hope for example took me 80 hours to beat the story, with minimum grinding(maybe around 6 hours). it's a long ass game. if you. don't like that, play another kind of game.

7. like 6 basically, your 6 and 7 are ssimilar. the story is fine and gets good fast in my opinion.

shittest article ever!this game is one of the greatest rpgs to date.1 reason to hate this writer????this article!

Wow, I can't believe you got hired to write about video games. This is by far the greatest JRPG of the last decade. Your nitpicking is babyish and quite frankly ridiculous. It's a shame you couldn't enjoy this incredibly immersive, detailed, and vast game because your attention span can only handle 10 minute call of duty matches. Really hope this isn't your day job, you give journalists a bad name.

if you play with graphics that should bother you, game is great no need for cool graphics to be able to play

I find this whole post simply hilarious because I can easily say Xenoblade is my favorite game, or at least in my top three.
#1) This game is beautiful even on the wii. It's one of the reasons you want to venture on; to see new places and discover more of the lore within the game.
#2) I don't have a classic controller, and I play it just fine! I've never really even had a problem with it. Then again, I learned to play Monster Hunter Tri with just a Wiimote and Nunchuck, and if you've ever played that game, you know that can be hard for a beginner.
#3) At Gamestop, it DOES run really high right now on price, but you can get it on eBay for a really good price, that's where I got mine!
#4) If you know that you're going to be going into an area or fighting a boss with a certain theme (poison for example) then you just equip poison in your EXTRA slots. There is actually some truth to this one, but hey, sell what you don't need and roll in dough.
#5) Buying stuff? Go through your equipment, equip the best stuff and take off your gems. Then you can compare easily. Then sell what you don't need. As for that side quest, you explained that as if it was any other side quest.With this one, you can go to the area you do it in, find out what you need, and go get it. It's just like getting a quest and doing it right there instead of later.
#6) Hey this is a good point, but the thing is, you won't WANT to put it down. This just has to do with how much time you have. It's shorter than Tales of Synphonia and look at how many people played that.
#7) This is just #6 again. And it really doesn't take that long to get invested in it, you just have to listen to the characters and learn to love them, then it doesn't seem like a chore at all to get through the story.
#8) What's that? There wasn't a number eight? Yeah this is just my recommendation. The characters. Just like I just said, the characters make this game. Every one is different and funny in their own way. They all have their own back stories, and they all will find a way to make you smile, or maybe cry.

This game has it's little problems, but I would give it a 9.5/10. Best game on the wii, hands down.

I bought mine on Amazon... How does that make it a gamestop exclusive? The ART BOOK was exclusive to Gamestop. Emphasis on WAS

Concerning number 2: IMO i played with the nunchuk and I didn't have any problems at all :P

XD do you do that for a job ?

Number 1 reason is stupid as hell, no need to counter argue that, this is a stupid statement for stupid people playing stupid video games.

Number 2 isn"t a reason by itself, once again, no need to counter argue. "You'll need a pad to play a J-RPG". Thank you mister obvious.

Number 3 is so american centered (Gamestop bleh bleh bleh) that it makes me laugh in front of my comp. Get out a little bit, or just wait 1 month after the release when other dumb people like you sell the game half price on the internet because he doesn't have a clue of what a good game is.

Number 4 is kinda right (I'm surprised you can analyse something in a good way seeing the rest of the article). Inventory handling is a pain in the ass. When you play a few hours (which I guess you didn't), you finally manage to get what you want out of this stuff. But it clearly sucks.

Number 5 is totally wrong XD Once again you prove that you know nothing about the subject. Selling and buying is horrible of course, but once you spend like 5 minutes on it you can manage to see everything you want. You're just too dumb to try and learn. Take your notepad.

Number 6 "You have to play a J-RPG from the beginnning to the end". Refer to number 2.

Number 7 "This game is worth his $$$ because it's super long". Really ? The conclusion of your dumb list of reasons not to buy Xenoblade is that it's a long game ? You're really a poor journalist.

tl;dr of the article : "Xenoblade is a J-RPG, it has all the elements of a very good J-RPG, and this is why you shouldn't play it".

I really hope you're not making a living out of this job, cause you suck at it. Bye.