Action figures (and other toys)

The venom figure is really cool. What company made it?

I’m so sorry for being that guy, but that’s Spider-Gwen, not Gwenpool.

Hah, I’ve been screwing that up all day. I’ve never read a Spider-Gwen comic, but I know who she is and really like this line of figures. But I do read (and love) the Gwenpool comic.

I might be slightly screwing up the credit here, but it’s the “Figure Complex Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech” Venom, third in this series.

Most people just refer to this line (Deadpool, Spider-Man, Venom, Spider-Gwen, and Wolverine* so far) as the “Revoltech” Marvel figures. I know Yamaguchi is specifically the artist responsible for the sculpts in this line, and Revoltech is I guess the company? There are a lot of other Revoltech figures, and they’re most identifiable by their specific types of joints, and I don’t know if Revoltech is wholly responsible for them all, or if it’s a sort of licensed style of assembly.

Anyway, you can find them most places by searching for “Revoltech Venom” or whatever character. And they’re all imports, so not cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Amecomi-Yamguchi-No-003-Action-Revoltech/dp/B01N2U5J5U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498683783&sr=8-1&keywords=Revoltech+venom

That’s about what I paid to directly import Venom, so not a bad price on Amazon, I just wasn’t willing to take a chance on availability being tricky.

*Wolverine hasn’t been released yet, I think he’s due in September.

I love my Marauder Inc! They are awesome.

Super articulated, nicely detailed, and the 4" size doesn’t feel like a doll like 6" stuff does, more like a collectible figure from a wargame, but infinitely poseable. Lots of parts and bits to customize them to your heart’s content. Love 'em.

BossFight figures are top notch too. Again, nice small Joe-size 4".

Here’s a custom Rogue Trooper (2000AD comic character) I made from a BossFight HACKS blank, with some green stuff epoxy.

I had notions of doing some stop-mo animations with some of these, but the reality is that while their articulation is up to the task, posing them between frames would be way too twitchy. Might still give it a go when I get the time.

My wife just picked this up for me!

Very poseable and detailed.

You either already own this or your wife doesn’t really love you as much as you think ;-P

I do indeed!

Revoltech Wolverine has joined my collection.

Very cool. I’m waiting for my own Revoltec Venom to arrive.
In the meantime, another Batman

There is only one toy that I really want. A Deadpool minifig. But the real ones are like $40.00. And I don’t want a knockoff. They are usually made like shit. I may eventually shell out the cash. But I’m waiting for Ogre and Megaton Rainfall. They are both coming out in October.

Someday.

Minifig as in LEGO Deadpool?

Affirmative.

Yeah he’s not cheap. I also suspect they’ll never make another, that set was from before the movie raised his profile—his very R-rated profile—and LEGO is notoriously conservative about what they’ll portray in their sets.

Marvel Legends aren’t really “fancy” collectible toys, but I really like the range they provide. I finally tracked down an elusive TRU exclusive classic Cyclops and Dark Phoenix two-pack. Wish I had the time and the skill to actually stage and light this in an impressive way, but it still looks pretty good having Dark Phoenix rising in flames behind Jean on the shelf.

All the fire other than the phoenix flame on Jean’s wrist are from the Tamashii Effects flame accessory, that “regular” Jean Grey is from the Juggernaut wave a year or two back, but with one of the alternate heads from the Dark Phoenix pack.

There’s a quick pic to show what’s actually in the set I just got. The shading on the Cyclops is excellent too.

Love that Dark Phoenix.

The Marauder pics Spiffy posted a while back turned me on to that company and I’ve been picking up a few here and there. Got a little collection going now. Not the best pics, but here are mine.

Here’s my action figure collection as it stands (minus my Spartan Bossfight stuff I posted above). As you can see, I’ve pretty much tapped out my allocated space… These are predominantly modern GIJoe Ebay buys. When my son was born I suddenly needed to have some plastic weaponry in the house to offset my daughter’s princess stuff, and a smart phone in the hands of a sleep deprived dad for hours in the dead of night turns into a stream of boxes to the door.

My ‘vintage’, ie, childhood toys are mostly lost from my folk’s house, my dad incessantly shuffled boxes to and from storage and somehow most of my toys mysteriously disappeared. I have a little pile of old Joes, minus accesories, and some micromachines left.

I like the dudes hanging there.

And here are my two Spawn figures. They don’t move much, but have great details.

Beat from Jet Set Radio? Can’t not pre-order this: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/61691

I would just like to say that my 19 month old daughter now likes to play with the 35+ year old Bossk and Boba Fett figures I keep on my desk. She bounces them up and down saying ‘Doo doo doo doo!’