Age of Wonders: Planetfall by Triumph Studios

Right? Between this and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, my August is shoooot.

I want to play this faction, but I don’t want to be the Growth.

Oh, these “NPC” factions aren’t playable - they are just something you can encounter/butt heads with/become friends with. You can ally with them by doing quests so they eventually let you spend Reputation (a resource you earn by doing quests, for example) to buy unique mods and units only they can offer. Or you could purge them from your map and take their lands. :)

They sound like the NPC factions of Emperor: Battle for Dune

Which is an excellent thing.

Oh, yeah, forgot this was the beginning of August! Pre-ordered and excited!

In my brain, “August” seems distant still. Then I realize it’s only a week away.

Speaking of which, I have a deadline for the end of August and it ain’t lookin’ pretty.

This seemed worth sharing.

The graphic without having to go to Twitter:

How is it that Civ VI prices expansions at the full price for a game, but these can be priced at so much less? Is the content that different?

Well, we don’t really know what the expansions will have in them, so it’s sort of impossible to answer. But Civ charges what the market accepts, and I suppose that’s what they are doing here.

I got myself the Premium Edition, so I’ll just have to wait. ;)

Mostly because people have terrible taste in games, it would seem.

–edit–

nm I see it

I expect that there will be DLC beyond the premium edition unless the game does worse than expected, which I think is unlikely (I think it will end up doing surprisingly well)

Oddly, I’m a huge fan of the Civ series (even with all the complaints against the newer iterations) but I totally balk at spending the price of another full game on expansions. On the other hand, I got myself the Premium Edition of this game at a price that was less than the two most recent Civ VI expansions combined, and this for a series I attempted to get into with AoW3 and failed. So, for this customer’s wallet, the price matters (even if I’m not the typical customer in the market).

@inactive_user I resemble that remark.

Release is soon. Ditto closing date for the giveaway.

I like that some quests give you the option to complete either peacefully or with hostility…

That looks like the campaign…thought they weren’t streaming that yet?

Holy shit, it’s next week. I still can’t figure out where July went…

I had this exact same thought over the weekend, for some reason I thought I had two weeks to play Fire Emblem, but due FE dropping on a Fri and AoW:P out on a Tuesday, it’s more like 10 days… and now that the weekend is over, it’s just over a week. Crazy.