Agents of Shield - Joss Whedon, Marvel, and ABC

So, what is on the carrier, and what is the theta protocol?

Right, and I now suspect an early action sequence will be an attack on Strucker’s Segovian Hydra base, an attack that will free Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The snowy forest scenes in the trailers may be part of that.

So, is there one 2 hour episode left, or one more 1 hour, then the 2 hour?

EDIT NM, looked it up - 2 more episodes left. Grand finale on the 12th

When do I need to see avengers by?

My guess is Tuesday, since the final scene in SHIELD last week directly leads to the opening scene in AoU.

Dang, that’s too soon.

I have doubts it’s going to be a big deal though, and I imagine they would be respectful to not spoil anything in the movie, so I wouldn’t really worry too much about it. In fact, thinking on it a bit I imagine it will take place concurrently with the movie events, so like robots all over, nothing you can’t pick up from the trailer.

I’m guessing it will address a little more than what’s shown in the trailer. Not sure though, of course. In broad strokes, things happen in Age of Ultron that don’t specifically involve any characters from Agents of SHIELD but do affect the world they’re operating in.

For those who’ve seen Age of Ultron:

Age of Ultron (and last week’s AoS)

Coulson revealed to Gonzalez that Fury was still alive last week, but after Age of Ultron, the whole world probably knows Fury and some version of SHIELD are still out there. That seems like it would re-frame what they’re doing on the show a little bit.

Wow. That was a helluva ending to Ep 19. 12 minutes of awesome.

Now I HAVE to see Age of Ultron before I watch the next AoS episode. I admit it, I am totally sold on this MCU tie-in stuff. It is such an overt ploy for my money and I am wholly powerless to resist it. Moreover, I don’t want to resist their capitalist wiles. It’s too much fun.

Not sure you saw my edit:

"NM, looked it up - 2 more episodes left. Grand finale on the 12th "

So two more episodes. The 12th is a two-hour.

Yeah, without spoilers, should I record Tuesday before seeing Avengers next weekend or is it best to watch Tuesday first??

Not sure either. Have not seen Age of Ultron yet. I’ll wait until Tuesday’s episode is out and gauge the weight of opinion as to whether to see Avengers 2 first or after Eps 20, or 21-22 of Agents of Shield.

Honestly, these are kinda fun 1stWorld problems to have (when you see them coming).

[B]Edit: I am now sure. Viewers should, if at all possible, watch Season 2 Episode 19 of Agents of Shield directly before watching Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, then watch Season 2 Episode 20 of Agents of SHIELD.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron takes place in the timeline between episodes 19 and 20. There are some spoilers in Episode 20 as to what happened in Avengers 2. [/B]

Waiting for this answer as well.

It’s really hard to say, without seeing the Tuesday episode first. If the episode starts with people saying, “Man, I can’t believe we beat all those Age of Ultrons!”, then yeah, you probably should have seen the movie first.

Ugh, you totally just spoiled everything.

You really don’t want to see the post-credits scene then.

I just shut it off since they mentioned this in first two minutes, lol.

I’ll watch after the movie.

Actually, that is the only spoiler I saw, was they pointed out the ending result to the Avengers movie - which does not really seem a surprise.

Of course, those more attuned to the canon may have seen more, but I don’t think so.

gfgsdfgs

I have not seen the movie but watched the show anyways, it was excellent btw. To be honest I didn’t believe for a second the movie was going to end with the Avengers losing and Earth being destroyed/taken over/whatever. Come on!

This show is so good right now it astonishes me how far it’s come from that really crappy start back in the first season. It was so mediocre it was pitiful. Now I feel sorry for people who bailed out on it.