Android Games Thread

Odd, runs great on my Evo. Have you tried turning off the fancy graphics in the settings? I think those are mostly particle effects and such, but it’s really one of the only settings you can change.

Words With Friends:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.zynga.words

Sword Requiem looks to be a good (questionable localization aside) Fire Emblem clone to fill in the surprisingly sparse tactical RPG niche. I’m still in the first mission, but it’s promising enough so far that I’ll probably buy the full version.

Nice description:
This is a strategy RPG game with story took place in the medieval times.《Sword Requiem》 is a strategy RPG game
Story took place in the medieval times, a time of swords and sorcery.
Plot is about the rough journey of the main character, and the former heroes’ tragedy and corruptness. Unlike other RPGs, this story is filled with mystery and surprises.

Love it.

Am I the only one behind the curve on Game Dev Story? (There’s also a lite version if you wanna try it before ponying up the $2.50.) First game on my phone that’s actually kept me up late. I dig it.

It’s been getting a little love. They mentioned it on Rebel FM.

Really hoping to see more simmy stuff develop.

Yeah, it’s pretty awesome, and definitely very hard to put down.

It’s fun but kinda easy. Been making steady progress with no real setbacks and by year ten or so was making nothing but hall of fame games that print money. Have yet to win game of the year though despite getting a bunch of games rated 35-39.

In my last gamedev story game, my own 64 bit console was on the market by early year 11. It was my last playthrough as it really had gotten too easy. I would pretty much sweep up all 4 awards every year. But the game kept me playing for hours in the weeks before. Really addictive.

Wendelius

Are there any other particularly noteworthy asynchronous multiplayer games to check out? I’ve gotten into both Uniwar and Words With Friends, and am starting to really like the paradigm of playing a 30-second turn and sending it off into the ether whenever I have a spare moment.

Saw it posted on a blog that they are officially making Minecraft for android (and ios). If that goes well…there goes all my phone gaming time heh.

Speaking of Minecraft on Android, there is already a game similar to Minecraft available in the Apps Market:

Yesterday I found out that Open Transport Tycoon is in the Market. The UI doesn’t work for me at all, but it’s the whole game.

Maybe old news, but the real Bejeweled 2 on the market is totally what I expected (which is to say, terrific). Very much worth the buck I paid and I’ve had no bugs or real issues with it on my Evo.

I’m pretty hooked on HexDefense right now.

Yeah, played the crap out of that and only slowed down once I beat most of the levels. Fun game.

So as someone who wants a smartphone almost entirely for the games, this thread is making me think I should just get an iPhone. Is that an accurate assessment of the Android gaming situation?

No, get a DS.

Pocket legends is cool. Free 3D mmo.

If you want a handheld just for games? Ya, you probably want a ds… Much better games than any phone.

If you want lots of games on the android, you should probably get one of the emulators… Then you can play any old console game.