Another terrorist attack

Mmm, six-dimensional sandwich.

They found that 31% of British Jews had considered moving abroad, a rise from 28% during their last survey two years ago.

The hard left and the rise of ISIS and terror attacks in Britain resulted in a +3% increase. Is that within the margin of error? What is it with your hard-on for sensationalising the negative effects of the hard left in the UK?

However, a separate YouGov survey, carried out for the CAA, found that anti-Semitic attitudes in UK society, measured by how many respondents agreed with seven anti-Semitic statements, were declining, with the number of people who agreed with at least one statement down from 45% in 2015 to 36% in 2017.

“Only a third of an entire group want to leave the UK, everything is fine”

Engaging in denial and erasure is just as much a problem tbh

Yeah, they can spend hundreds of millions on putting barriers on thousands upon thousands streets, there will be always a softer target. Maybe next time they will enter in a elementary school with weapons…

Please don’t lie, it’s perfectly possible to paraphrase to make a point without being deliberately untruthful (though I suspect it’s something you frequently struggle with given how divorced from reality your arguments are from the ‘evidence’ they’re supposedly driven by).

The two years since the “rise of the hard left” as you like to style it and the increase in terror attacks in the UK, have resulted in only 3% more respondents stating that they are considering leaving.

3%

But you’re portraying this as proof of a crisis due to Corbyn and ilk’s arch anti-Semitism with the rise in terror attacks likely featuring as little more than an afterthought given how frequently and rabidly you post about labour party anti-Semitism.

The data that you provided defeats your own argument.

That’s rebutting a point I didn’t make, but thanks for the attempt.

When criticism of Israel, vis a vis their settlement policy, is construed as anti semitism then of course you get responses like that. Because every time you bring up the subject that is the baseline for what is considered antisemitic.

Which is the annoyingly disingenuous part of the whole discussion. Not just you PWK, but more broadly.

The problem is that some portion of criticism of Isreal is used as a smokescreen for actual antisemitism. Right now the entire conversation is gridlocked because of this, and the reactionary response to it you describe. Labour (for reasons I don’t understand fully) appears to be suffering the worst of this, but it’s present across the political spectrum.

Undoubtedly! Kinda like how ‘alt right’ and ‘white nationalism’ were used as a way to present a more socially acceptable face to racism, so we see antisemitism being shielded under the aegis of Palestinian rights or criticisms of Israeli policy at times.

But the problem is that all activism and criticism of Israeli settlement policy, or advocating for the Palestinian peoples is automatically construed as antisemitism in some peoples minds. Earlier in the thread PWK linked to a website that, essentially, contained names, addresses, schools, phone numbers, etc. of a large number of people. Many of them guilty of no more than being associated with protests of Israeli settlements, or even just supporting divesting from Israeli companies until the country stops pursuing their settlement policy. There were certainly antisemites in that list, but there was a far larger number of people who merely feel that Israel has pursued actions they find unacceptable and anathema to long term peace.

Basically there won’t be an answer to this until tarring anyone critical of Israel as antisemites stops.

I agree. I also fear there will be no stopping the tarring until using criticism of Isreal as a smoke-screen stops. The extreme positions on both sides are destroying discussion.

Somehow discussion about the middle east has turned into an allegory for the middle east.

This drives me crazy. Israel as a nation has plenty of issues worthy of criticism. Hell, all nations do at the end of the day, but if you call out Israel for it you’re an anti-Semite or something. Once you water down actual anti-Semitism it opens the door for actual racist fucks.

And this is (probably) what a misfired suicide bomb looks like.

Parsons Green tube station about an hour ago…

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJwAIOoXkAAOlfS.jpg

Note the Christmas lights, the metal pot inside etc. A flash fire/fizzle rather than explosion perhaps?

Looks like we dodged the bullet here

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/908643633901039617
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/908645126146265090

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/350802-trump-calls-for-larger-tougher-travel-ban-in-response-to-london

A device exploded on a rush-hour train in southwest London early Friday, injuring at least 23 people. Police are treating the incident as a terrorist attack. They have identified a suspect, but have not released a name.

The explosion at the Parsons Green Underground station is the latest in a series of terror attack that have shaken Great Britain this year.

“It’s a terrible thing,” Trump told reporters at the White House later Friday. “It keeps going and going, and we have to be very smart and we have to be very, very tough—perhaps we’re not nearly tough enough.”

Trump’s response angered British authorities, since he appeared to reveal certain information about the attack before they did.

“I never think it is helpful for anyone to speculate in what is an ongoing investigation,” British Prime Minister Theresa May told reporters in London when asked about the president’s comments.

In Washington, Trump said he had been briefed on the attack and planned to call May later Friday.

The president’s pointed comments could be geared toward his supporters, many of whom are angry with his efforts to strike an immigration deal with Democrats.

Theresa May has issued a sharp rebuke to Donald Trump after the US President suggested the person responsible for a suspected terror attack on a London Tube train was “in the sights of Scotland Yard”.

In a surprisingly frank response to a question about a tweet from the President about the attack, the Prime Minister said it was not “helpful” for anyone to start speculating about an investigation still ongoing
[…]
Asked directly about the President’s tweet, Ms May said: “I never think it’s helpful for anybody to speculate on what is an ongoing investigation.”

Yesyes, murder is your national sport. We know. Probably something for the gun control thread though?

Sometimes I make too many assumptions. :/
No, it’s in response to “we need a ban to protect us from terrorists!” Many, many, many more Americans are killed or wounded from gun violence than any terrorist. I thought it highlighted the hypocrisy.

Details are sketchy right now, so I don’t yet know if this qualifies as a “terrorist attack,” but there is an active shooter situation happening in Vegas right now, as automatic weapon fire can be heard near or at this concert:

https://twitter.com/davidsakach/status/914730995147870208/video/1

Multiple shooters at multiple hotels according to a nevada police twitter account but not confirmed of course.

More footage: