Anyone else playing Demon's Souls?

Is there a good PS3 emulator yet? Damn it, I want to go back and finish this.

Damn. I just came here to ask this question again, and it turns out that question was the last thing in this thread. I guess the answer is still no. It’s a shame. Even PS Now doesn’t offer this game last I checked.

That is because PS Now is the suck. Sony has been given a lot of kudos and love this round of consoles, but their casual “talk to hand” attitude towards folks with large PS3 digital libraries is just as bad as anything Microsoft has done.

…/´¯/)
…,/¯…/
…/…/
…/´¯/’…’/´¯¯`·¸
…/’/…/…/…/¨¯\
…(’(…´…´… ¯~/’…’)
…’…/
…’’… _.·´
…(
…\

when I played it a few years ago, there was this locked area in 1-1 … it suddenly opened when pure white tendency was active… now I restarted on a new char, and it is locked… I really want to farm that area for moon grass. I guess I have to trigger pure white myself… there is something so familiar about this game, I don’t know what, the architecture is almost real…

okay, replaying this game whenever my daughter plays Guild Wars 2… man, this game feels tough compared to Dark Souls… I killed 2 bosses so far, Phalanx and the Spider… but every area is so tough to conquer, also no bonfires! you have to kill the boss to get a save point… this is so brutal. But I love, love the world building. Really great game!

All these remasters floating around these days, I wish they would go this one. I’d love to revisit Demon’s Souls.

I am not really sure that you need a remaster of Demon’s Souls… it is very similar to Darks Souls 1+3

I understand why FromSoftware wants to move on, they made the same game for too long. I have to try Bloodborne yet, it looks different enough.

I am really excited what they do next… anyone played the old Kings Field? Are they similar to the Souls, do they share some DNA?

Anyone has information what they do next??

King’s Field: The Ancient City is very much like the Souls games in first person. It’s excellent.

[quote=“newbrof, post:2927, topic:51116, full:true”]Anyone has information what they do next??
[/quote]
An Armored Core game, possibly a new dark fantasy Soulslike (maybe a Bloodborne sequel or something else to keep their fans content), and a quirky game outside of their norm.

I just looked up all their games, and am quite shocked at how many Armored Core games they worked on. It’s a lot more than just the base Armored Core games with numbers in front of them, so seeing “Armored Core 4” and “Armored Core V” you could be fooled into thinking there were only 5 Armored Core games.

I bet it is written already in this thread somewhere, but it is pure genius in this series of games, that you carry around your experience points and that you are always in danger of losing them before cashing in. I was in front of the boss door of 5-1 carrying 10.000 souls with me, but I could not do it, had to cash them in, went back to the nexus. Next time…

this game feels harder than any Dark Souls game… one thing is that you use spice and moon grass for mana and HP… In Dark Souls you could try over and over again to fight a boss or to even get to the boss, here you may burn up your herbs without getting anywhere, then you need to restock on herbs, spices…

I was so happy when I defeated the Gargoyles on the church in Dark Souls after 2 hours… now what? Latria chapter 2, 2 effing man eaters… but this time I am a magic user, and magic is sometimes a bit slow… but it is almost the same fight… grrr

And Valley of defilement is sooo Bligthtown + poisonous swamp below… grrr

I am level 40 and have not killed a chapter 2 boss yet except Tower Knight… all chapter 1 bosses are defeated… but pushing further is hard. I try the swamp next

I almost had the fire lizzard boss in stonefang tunnel, but do not feel for going back there, yet.

I don’t know if grinding for healing items makes a game harder or just more annoying.

But Maneater is one of the hardest bosses in the series relative to when you encounter it. I stopped trying, played the rest of the areas, then came back to stomp them easily.

Wow, Demon’s Souls in an almost playable state (10-30fps) in emulation: https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/03/11/des/

The one game I actually wish they would do an HD remake of, and nada. :(

So they improved the performance from the PS3! I’ll get my coat…

allright, finished the Maneaters yesterday… very satisfying. I finished Dark Souls 3 recently (mostly coop with a friend), but I think the bosses in Demon Souls are a bit easier … maybe because it was the 1st one, maybe because I am a magic user… but Maneaters was hard, still… now I have Yellow Monk, King Allant (old) and final boss left … I think I like this game a bit more than Dark Souls 1 … but basically all Souls games are refinements of their predecessors.

Maneaters were rage-inducing for me. Then I left the world, powered up my character in some other areas, and brushed them aside.

Yeah, I did man eaters pretty late in the game as well.

I would not call it “brushed aside” but instead I used a lot of crying, praying and a lot of Soul arrows … I thought the yellow monk should be easier now, since no online player takes the role to play him. But the AI monk is quite annoying! I am always moving backwards and those chairs are put there intentional ;) §$%§ you From.,you did it again…