Anyone else playing Demon's Souls?

I’m confused, I thought you had to be in human form? So you can only get help if you’re in human form? Is that how it works?

Yes you summon help as a human, and you get summoned as a ghost.

Thanks!

Can I ask what the deal is with those giant hats people are wearing. The swirly ones women in Africa normally use to carry jugs of water home in rural areas. They look kinda ridiculous and out of place. It’s a bit distracting and look silly in a serious game.

The tornado looking hat? Yeah it does look silly. It’s monk head wrappings. There’s a story point to them but people wear them for the magic bonus i think.

Correct, makes your spells more powerful. Also pretty easy to obtain if you know how.

ASSHOLE KING JUST DRAINED MY LEVEL WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK

Umbassa!

Videogames in the year 2009.

Don’t get grabbed by his soul drain attack!

Wait what?! Tell me that’s not a thing in this game.

It is a sure thing. Buckle up.

He only got me with it once. Now he’s dead, and I’ve apparently finished the game.

GG. I know they just remastered Dark Souls, but… do it again with these graphics!

It’s just the final boss who drains levels, and the wind up for that attack is absurdly long. I thought he was going to throw a soul arrow when I saw it and dodged to the side instead of backing off. So, keep your distance when he gets a blue hand.

Not nearly as annoying as the guys in Bloodborne who drain your sanity. They can go right to hell.

I’m waiting until either it gets remastered for PC or I get my new 10-core Intel 10850k processor and play it under PS3 emulation for windows. Want to crank up as much of the resolution as possible. I have the original discs for my PS3 but never played it, possibly because I knew it was going to be a bit physically ugly coming from the Dark Souls games.

That’s just how Demon Souls supports respeccing. :-)

It’s the last boss, level drain means nothing once you beat him, really. Plus… I’m not sure it’s permanent? I was in the mid-80’s and after the fight where he got me like 3 or 4 times, I was still in the mid 80’s, so I assumed it was just lowering my stats/level during the fight. EDIT: Looking around I guess it must be permanent, but I didn’t see any changes on my character sheet, honestly. Not sure what was going on. He got me a few times, at least. Maybe if you beat him those lost levels are restored? I beat him on my first try.

He lowers your highest stat afaik. My soul level and Magic stat both went down by 1.

Maybe I started with a higher soul level than I remembered.

I think it was the same company, and it was several years ago. But I would agree the changes were pretty minimal compared to how pretty the newer games are.

I’m in soul form and I still can’t place my blue stone. What am I doing wrong?