Arcane: visit grimy Zaun and discover the story of Vi and Jinx

I finally rolled around to Netflix again on my streaming service rotation and Arcane was first on my watchlist. Holy crap, this thing is good. I don’t much like where they ended things, but knowing season 2 is coming makes it bearable. (Unlike say, Warrior Nun, which took a good long while to announce season 2 and it’s still not out.) Also, I really dislike the Imagine Dragons theme song. And that’s about the end of my complaints, everything else about this thing was amazeballs. I’ve never been a LoL player but I do play their digital TCG, Legends of Runeterra, so I had some idea of the characters going in. Knowing some of where things were headed made zero difference because the writing on this was just that good. There’s lots to love in the first season but if I had to pick one thing that stands out, it’s probably the Ekko-focused episode 7. He’s a minor character in the story but might be my favorite, what with him actually creating something positive for the Undercity unfortunates, and of course that great fight scene at the end. And the music in that episode was outstanding.