Are you good enough at Twilight Struggle to enter a tournament?

Yes for mine with @tylertoo

Yes, this one has started.

I sent the challenge last night, but it hasn’t been accepted yet.

My (therockfrog) game is ongoing with ForzaA. At least I have not lost yet!

I have set up a game, sent a message but have received no response to either as of yet

The clock is ticking though… ;)

Has too! :-)

Has anyone else stopped receiving turn notifications?

Indeed, experiencing this the whole day so far.

That would possible explain why @TheRockSal hasn’t made his move.

Did have a LOT of trouble connecting to the server when I started my day; the two may be related.

Well…I cant play during the weekday…work ya know. A bit at night after putting the kids to bed, taking care of the 3 dogs…making sure the mother in law is ok, checking on the sister in law, and tucking in my wife.

It’s 10:30 pm and I can now play…for a few minutes!

Weekends are fine though!

Which is why async play is so important.

Huh, weird. No wonder I kept checking my e-mails to see when Syzygy took his turn, and nothing showed. Could have gotten a lot more in yesterday then.

How do I turn on turn notifications? I don’t think I’ve ever had them.

(I get that they’re not working at the moment).

Play Online > Login > Profile & Friends > (click on your own name) > Notifications

Thank you!

I think I just set the land speed record for failing to roll my way out of Quagmire.

My personal record is 13 consecutive rounds in a Bear Trap. I was about 15 points up when it started, and about 15 points down when it finally ended. I actually ended up winning the game on defcon a few turns later :-)

Yikes. You got me beat by far. I thought 5 was rough.

The valiant and definitely cute democratic forces of @Left_Empty vanquished the bloodthirsty hive of @Otthegreat on turn 6!

It was a very disputed and conflicted game, with a major war taking place in the early game in Asia, and another one breaking out in Africa for the whole of the mid-war. Despite being purged twice, he wouldn’t let go till the end!

It was Otthegreat’s first game as USSR, and if you want to look at a next top tier player, look no further! He demonstrated a natural sense for feeling crisis and places that mattered. Once he gets around to not making so many gift events to his opponent… I say: fear!

I also embarassingly let go an opportunity of winning early, as I had not kept track that he held the CIA in his hand, and I had incidently totally forgotten to lower the DEFCON before the hand of the turn. Shame on me. I wonder when you start to develop a real sense of what the other player might hold in his hands, like the one on display in the commented games of Twilight Strategy…