Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

They have every-other-day reboots where they check for Steam updates, then reboot. That takes place at 7:00AM Eastern US time (EDT or UTC-4:00.)

It just ran this morning, so the next run will be on July 28th.

I think I’ve mentioned it to all you guys but if this is too early or too late, I can adjust this time across all servers, I just need to know a good time to do so. Previously we had Kono and a few others in HST/HDT (Hawaii) which really moved things to early morning on the east coast to be outside of their play times. I haven’t seen them in a while, I could step this back a bit earlier if everyone is okay with that.

5AM EDT? (Which is 2AM PDT.)
6AM EDT? (Which is 3AM PDT.)

I can also move things mid-morning or otherwise, but it seemed like between 5-8 AM Eastern we have the fewest players online.

This is Crystal Isles yesterday, times in Eastern US time:

But you can see that’s pretty similar every day:

Not complaining about the reboot time at all, nor the normal things that happen trying to keep an ARK server up, as I did it for a while before myself. I am just saying from 5am to 6:45am the server was not available and came up at some time between 6:45 and 8:10 when I got home from breakfast. For some reason it was down early this morning, but not sure you can do anything about that.

Kelan so I can scan the logs, what time zone are you in?

Are flyers allowed on Genesis? I know that at one time it was necessary to add AllowTekSuitPowersInGenesis=True to GameUserSettings.ini.

Yes, they are. Because I used a griffin to “ezmode” swipe some magmasaur eggs and brought them to Crystal Isles.

Mod question for @Skipper and anyone else that wants to chime in: Are we going to keep the Upgrade Station mod on the Crystal Isles server?

I’ve refrained from using it because there was some talk about removing it because of how OP it is.

I’m fine either way, but I’d like to know if it is staying or going.

I am good either way. I have decided to not use it and forage for upgrades in drops for myself.

What? I missed any /OP talk about it. No I’d rather keep it unless its killing the game. If needed I can adjust costs related to use if that’s more balanced? Really I could only see that as the main gripe if so.

It serves a great purpose. The drops in this game are fairly shit. At least this way you can get to where you want to be, albeit burning through mats. Not to mention, making a 125 saddle for boss runs isnt cheap in bulk but has become a norm. Taking that away seriously kills the chance for many on the server that have not run through bosses at all. I’d rather everyone have a shot doing those l, they are fun and the gateway to Tek -anything-.

Just my two cents anyway. Again, I missed if there was griping about the mod. I’m one vote, not the final word.

Unrelated:
I changed stack sizes only on Scorched to see how much changes. It should go into effect tonight. I also went conservative with the setting, from 1.0 to 4.0.

I’ll update with results.

Missed your question, @Skipper, but no worries on checking logs. I will holler if it becomes more frequent, but I am in Michigan so Eastern time zone and still during Daylight Savings Time of course.

I am just learning the new mods this time around so I am good with keeping what we have now. I never used most of them before this map and the upgrade one is pretty cool. I use it sparingly to help my dinos out and upgrade a saddle here and there and did some tools and weapons a while back. I think it actually helped me survive a few tough defenses and fights around my base already. The material requirements are pretty stiff so I don’t push them, but I will have fun whatever you all decide.

I am also interested in keeping the upgrade station. I don’t think we’ll be able to get to bosses if we don’t use it with the 5 of us playing… would we? I am definitely interested in seeing that content! Would be a first for me. The only thing I think is horribly OP atm is the chainsaw… 1375 wood from a single tree makes me just use the beaver for a cart =)

Great question. You can solo bosses with a bit of prep, for -most- of them. Upgrade Station makes is easier since the saddle upgrade issue becomes more available. Otherwise you’d need great dropped saddle blueprints and those are rare. Specifically, having high armor on saddles for your boss run dinos makes them much more resilient.

I’m pretty sure @Ragan has done the most boss runs but I’m not sure where he stands on the whole list. But I think that was pre-wipe Ragan? I don’t remember if any of us are using their old characters.

But even doing the Gamma bosses (lowest rung) is rewarding in that it unlocks engrams, gives you a banner to put somewhere for your recognition, etc. Some are really, really helpful.

Is there something going on this morning? I can’t seem to see any of our servers online…

My current character has not done any bosses.

Over all, I’ve done quite a few boss fights across the different maps. My previous post detailing my complaints about boss fights still stands though.

I’d like to add the “Boss Wipe Recovery” mods before trying the bosses again. If the Boss Wipe Recovery doesn’t work on Crystal Isles (it didn’t work for the Rockwell fight), then the “Revive My Dinos” mod (same author) would be a viable alternative.

I show them all up, Fozz.

May want to restart steam and make sure your client isn’t pending an update, but I’m logged in now during my lunch break without issue.

You can also go here:

And search for QT3:

See which ones are up:

And drill down on the server to see details:

That is so weird, because I show them all not responding from work (shhh!) and home… Client up to date as well.

EDIT: Nevermind… My server list reverted to some ancient list of servers somehow and I was looking at the wrong thing. I re-added them and the only thing not working is my brain apparently.

Have you thought about using Beacon or something similar to enhance loot drops? A lot of good servers do that, and I helped one guy implement it on his cluster, once. A little fiddly at first, but not super difficult.

One server admin even tweaked fishing on his server, and that was even cooler than his enhanced drops, because it made fishing worthwhile and loot acquisition even more satisfying.

As for the Upgrade Station, I remain mostly agnostic although I decided to refrain from using it after a few upgrades. Pretty convenient feature, though.

Yea just leave it in and we can choose to use it or not as we see fit. I have used it many times in the past just trying this go around to avoid it witch is easy enough :P

There is a QoL/Balance patch coming tomorrow (July 30th).

A couple of the changes that I’m cheering for:

Baby Creatures will no longer auto-wander when hatched
Metal Ingot stack size has been increased to 300
Raw Metal stack size has been increased to 300
Spoil time on Prime Meat and Prime Fish have doubled

Saw Cedric’s Tweet as well. Not sure if that’s server and client but it sure sounds like it. There might be some up/down states but I’ll try to be on top of it if possible getting updates done.

“Wait I can’t move?!?” Hehehehe.

Who has a spare $7600 and wants to live out a piece of Ark?

There needs to be a mod for this. Who wouldn’t love having a rex with a gatling gun?

That’s scary! Imagine what that would bring to PvP. There would be gangs of Rex riders causing havoc.