Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

I can lend a hand with the Overseer if you need one. It takes about 20 minutes to solo the Gamma Overseer using the tactics posted above. Beta takes about 40 minutes solo. Alpha took about 25 minutes for Midge and I to kill.

Be sure to have a rock drake so you can avoid fighting everything and just stealth down to the Overseer teleport.

I’ve enabled the WinterWonderland event on all servers. They should be updated tomorrow morning when they do their daily reboot/update/mod check.

Looks like The Island and Crystal Isle didn’t update. They aren’t showing as part of the cluster?

Both should be rebooting now. I’ll check on them being up, shortly.

EDIT: Now up!

There are times the updates fail when enough servers in the cluster are trying to update all at the same time.

I wish there was better logging so you could see if that is the case.

Just in time for Christmas I finally found my first rare T-rex. It was only 195 but now I have a lovely matched set of green, red and yellow. Too bad the buggers are all male! Now to hunt down a few girls to mix em up.

Just like Pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all. :)

We all know how this ends up. Years from now, gaming from your stand-up walker/chair, you’ll still be hunting for them. That being said, it’s Christmas. Maybe you’ll get lucky?

Well done!

Because most of us will not be playing Ark at midnight tonight, I will be modifying the New Years event times on 4 servers.

• The Island - 9:00am and 9:30am EST
  • Valguero - 10am and 10:30 EST
  • Crystal Isles - 11am and 11:30 EST
  • Ragnarok - 12pm and 12:30pm EST

The patch notes were not joking about the chibi drop rate.

These gifts will contain a collection of your favourite skins from past events that are currently unavailable and a chibi bonanza! And by bonanza, we mean, the drop rate of Rare, Very Rare and Legendary chibis will be dialled to over 9000!

There were so many drops that Greywind and myself couldn’t loot them all before they despawned. Plus chibis, chibis, chibis. We each looted probably around 400 each and they are all the uncommon/rare/etc types.

We’ve done the first two on the Island and one on Valguero. I will probably do one or both on Crystal Isle because I will be on the server, but I’ll skip Ragnarok because I won’t have room for all the skins, costumes, & chibis

Logged in briefly the other day to calibrate my new machine. May try and get some time in before I go back to work next week.

Been sucked into wastelands 3 though so no promises :P

Hah! I’ve had the same problem. New gaming rig so I must play ALL THE THINGS!

Congrats on your new rig, bud!

Thanks just retired my last rig… got ten years out of it so no complaints. Its um quite a difference running a 3080…

hah the last card was a 400 series.

I stepped up from a laptop to a desktop. It runs ark like butter but the fog still looks like complete crap. It makes me wonder if there is a client side mod for ARK with better textures.

EDIT: Well F me … a google search away, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpQIK4EofJQ

Meh … I spoke too soon. Looks like reshade settings from someone only sharing through discord. I’ll avoid it.

@Ragan: Divine and I were just logged into the beta broodmother fight when the server appears to have crashed. I can’t log back in. Not sure what things will look like when we get there?

Edit: Looks like it saved us just before we went in, so nothing lost! Hurray.

I realize I’m late to the party and all but my heavens this game has sucked me in like no other. Over 1000 hours in the last 3 months (partly due to my covid homebase lack of outdoor activity). The ADHD nature of dinosaur breeding, base building, dungeon romping, world travelling is something else. I just finished a new massive base on Valguero.

The base includes a large 28 x 24 breeding chamber. I’m working on some Therizinosaurs right now. Finished a line of Baryonyxes earlier for various bosses. Playing around with a few upgrades to a 150 giga I tamed. And in the south part of the map I have a Rock Drake breeding chamber that I’m using the “allow mating” mutator with.

I think Ragan’s comment when he saw it yesterday was “that’s a lot of drakes”. They come out in such pretty colours! What a hoot.

Thanks again Ragan for saving my butt yesterday. I tried Manticore on scorced earth and he refused to land and I ended up dying yet again. We were recovery stoned so manage to get my gear back but have to breed up some more boss dinos. What a game!

Nice work grey! welcome to the club I have been dropping in and out of Ark sense the beginning with Ragan and Kel. You are doomed now!

If the Manticore refuses to land, then take the battle to him. Bring a good shotgun, 400+ rounds, several gas masks, and med brews. Then just shotgun him to death. I’ve done that before. When/if he lands to attack you, your dinos can munch on him, otherwise, you can just keep pelting him.

Another thing I’ve found when fighting the manticore is if you bring in any fliers, the manticore will stay focused on them (i.e. not land) until they are dead or KOed. I only did this once or twice, but that was enough to convince me to not try again, so YMMV.

Nice work, where’s the Owl House pic?!?!