Arma Reforger - Bohemia Interactive's pre-Arma 4 MP game

Reforger being played by 400 people while Arma 3 by 16000 and DayZ by 43000.

The should probably fully focus on Arma 4 and DayZ support.

Sigh, again, Reforger is BI’s tech testbed. They’ve been very clear and open about this. BI has literally told people not to buy this if they’re looking for ArmA4. They’ll build ArmA4 when the engine in Reforger is solid.

I mean… Arma 4 is Arma Reforger, basically. They are totally going to sell you again most of the content in Arma 4.

Don’t buy our game!

If they sold Reforger for 10 bucks, I would buy it to mess around with it, I like the Cold War setting, but 30 bucks for a tech demo, with no guarantee of support in the future etc… No wonder nobody is playing it. Hell, even if they said if you buy reforger and get a 20$ discount on Arma 4 I would probably buy it.

Yeah that’s the thing. If from the start they would have said that buying Arma Reforger would give you a discount on the future Arma 4, I think the feedback on the game would have been different. It still would have been a money-grabbing move, but something more acceptable.

1.0 launch. LOL

How many ridiculous bugs are left? And have they got it working on more than one core now?

I love the janky little buggers and BI’s ambition, dgmw, it’s just been nearly a quarter of a century and the squad command interface still sucks, let alone commanding a tank crew.

From what I understand reading this link, this is still a disguised EA title, lol

I bought it when it came out, played around with it for an hour or so and haven’t touched it since. But… I have had so much fun playing Operation Flashpoint, and the various ARMAs over the years, that I don’t begrudge them the money I spent on Reforger.

A couple of years after it came out, here’s an official “quickstart” video that’s 22 minutes long.

I still don’t know if this is worth picking up. I love the setting, but am concerned about the ability to have fun with it, is the community thriving? Is this a good game yet?

It sounds like there are some interesting mods and modded servers that make the game better, but there are still lots of stability issues and bugs.

Edited because Steam lost my picture lol.

There are folks playing. I installed it again and messed around with the training stuff and I do like some of the changes. The driving felt really good too, I want to have jeep races lol! Lots of mods in the workshop and the workshop browser is built into the game.

New scenario from the Devs added that is supposed to be suitable for solo or small coop groups.

I messed around a little solo last night and had some fun, though the AI is deadly. Got in a couple small firefights where my allies were engaged with the Russians that were fun till I got careless and got flat. Gonna try to round up a couple buddies and give it a better go.

And it’s good to be back on Everon, now to find Fowley, Armstrong, Kozlowski and the others.

This seems like a cool mode. Kinda makes me wanna play it (can be played solo)

Do it! Rather than just post a video, I dare you to try it and post what you think. I’m calling you out, @Paul_cze! : )

BTW, I just learned yesterday that Day Z is an offshoot of Arma. I’m not sure I knew that. My friend was telling me that Day Z actually uses the Arma maps? Anyway, I’ve spent my fair share of time trying to get Arma to play as a single-player game. If, lo these many years later, it finally makes for some cool single-player modes, I’d love to know about them.

That is what I posted right above your post :p

Its an official scenario from Bohemia, in the menu under Combat Ops: Everon. Bring friends, cause the AI is vicious. I died like a peasant levy.

It would be nice if you could lead a squad of the AI guys, maybe I just didn’t get that far. I helped a group of resistance fighters take out some baddies, but they just stood around after the fight and I couldn’t interact with them. There are various missions that come up, and there are safe houses and outposts around the map with equipment caches. The safe houses can be compromised and lost if the bad guys discover them apparently. I haven’t lasted long enough in one go for that to matter much.

I love that you have to use the map like a map. I’m sure someone has already modded the typical shooter game constantly updated GPS map showing the location of everything and everyone but it was refreshing to me to have to use some actual landnav skills ( I actually used intersection/resection! In a game! ) to get around./

Yeah, Day-Z started as a mod for Arma. I don’t know if there is any connection to the Arma maps now.