Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

Hmm yea sounds kinda half baked then. Think Ubisoft could take a cue from the Mordor games Nemesis system. Maybe integrate something with the conquest part where you work to take down named leaders of a given area.

Josh thanks for the article links. I have read every word. Please keep going!

So. I finally managed to slay that Medusa bitch. Hundreds of arrows, two breaks, and all of the hero-attacks i could muster. Now I need to go put the things in the things at atlantis. I sailed back to Thera, but I have no idea how to get back inside. The mirrors of the puzzle that opened that gate the first time seem inert. The gate is inert. There’s no hits on google… Halp?

And now that I’m crying for help anyway; there’s this Kosmos dude that is described as “will appear in a sea battle once you have weakened the Obsidian Islands.” So I kicked seven shades of shit out of the forces on those islands, even cleaning out one fort twice in order to take the strength bar all the way to zero, yet the dude is not appearing… Halp?

• You can use fast travel to get back to the entrance to atlantis (travel to the greenish icon on the Thera island). That will bring you inside the gate.
  • If I remember correctly, you need to trigger the conquest battle, not just weaken the leader, in the Obsidian Islands to spawn that cultist. The battle takes place at sea.

That is correct. I too was close to despair, roaming the seas around the islands looking for something to show up until I eventually started the conquest battle.

So I just kicked every ass on Melos I could find, again and again, a battle flag appeared. This time I took the battle, and voila, the bastard appeared thanks @spacerat!

I write about getting rid of the Athenians in the Megarid and spend a lot of time on warfare in Classical Greece, and the way large battles are depicted in Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey (more like brawls than anything else).

Another thing I would love is a map that starts off blank and has to be uncovered. Maps could also be in game objects that can be found, bought, or quested for, with any giving map giving someone’s idea of part of the world. Much more meaningful than a new pair of shinguards.

I feel the same way. I’m also not keen on wandering into skull areas and not knowing until I’m right up on top of danger. I’m sure there are folks here who like that, I’m just not one of them.

Well there you go - another bit of info your sought-after map could give you :)

Game is free if you sign up for Google Stream and play the game for an hour.

Yeah, I signed up for Google Stream yesterday when I heard that. Hopefully I can get it in? I wasn’t really interested in testing streaming technology, but hey, if they give away the game after I test it? Sure, that’s a huge incentive.

I mistook Google Stream for something like Twitch, and that you had to livestream for an hour. Hah! Once the lightbulb ignited, signed up right away. I’m curious how well the streaming stuff works anyway, and an AAA game as incentive? Twist my arm.

I put in my hour today. So weird riding a horse in this game after playing many hours of RDR2. I tapped left button by habit, expecting Kassandra to let out a reassuring “aww that’s a good girl now”. So disappointing when she didn’t.

She will mount the horse while running though, so there is that. Click and hold X while running.

This is pretty much the only AC game I’ve really played, thanks to Google Stream. I tried the first one but got bored super fast.

This one is super fun though! Can’t wait to get a free copy! Yay!

The personality of the main character matters a lot imho.

Ezio , Jacob / Evie , Bayek , Cassandra are the standouts, and they make their respective games better.

Oh man, this hurts me. The beginning of the game was really rough. Did you at least get to Damascus?

I did not!

Wait, what? Do you get a free “real” downloaded copy of the game for playing it some minimum amount of time on Google Stream in Chrome?