Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Formerly 'Victory'

Maybe I accidentally skipped through it or something.

At first, I tried to do the escape in the latter part of that mission by using the quickshot like I was prompted and it was so awkward. When I manually aimed after failing with the quickshot several times it was easy peasy.

I just waited a few seconds in the beginning, and he took one or two snipers out. Had no one on the roof (if this is the mission where you find the book that leads you to the mansion with the Grand Piano?)

nods

I got a book, but nothing about it has been revealed to me yet. I didn’t seem to get the next mission in the chain immediately, so I was doing some of those ‘ally’ missions (or whatever they’re called).

One thing that bugs me is that it is too easy to lose the challenges of missions because of the order they force you to do things, or some trigger that you don’t know will fire. My latest example is where the side objective is to locate 7 pieces of art, but I mistakenly opened the door in the piano room that triggered an event so i couldn’t go back and find the other couple of art pieces.

I know, I did that too :( tried to restart from the latest checkpoint, but that was in that same room.

then i replayed from start because i could not let them art pieces be. no sir, no way!

I am currently playing this and I also flubbed the 7 pieces of art challenge by accidently triggering an event. This finicky challenge feature is weighing down what is otherwise a great gaming experience. I recently started up a story mission that laid out challenges and special opportunities and I just turned the game off instead. The game controls are too clunky and the triggers too clumsy to make these kinds of mission conditions enjoyable. I am going to try and power through this as Evie and Jacob are great characters to play.

Optional challenges are optional, like the ones where you have to kidnap people for Abberline.
I ended up not bringing many back alive as it was just too tedious with them surrounded by their own henchmen and sometimes cops. The little bit of lost XP/cash didn’t matter.

I have been trying to keep in mind the extra challenges, but I don’t sweat it if I don’t get them. I also ignore most of the side stuff because after you do it once there really isn’t a need to do it again. I’m on sequence 6, but have only taken over 2 districts - I just don’t see the need to. The main tasks are just keeping me at or just below the power curve and I’ve been doing OK with it. I’ve barely upgraded my gang as it just isn’t necessary and I need the money to upgrade my weapons and equipment.

Totally agree. But as much as the penalties are negligible, flubbing a challenge bleeds some of the satisfaction I get when progressing through the game. Maybe this is just a reflex from other games where the penalties for failing challenges are more substantial and often require a mission reboot. When things go sideways in Syndicate, you can power through more often than not.

On the train you can upgrade your gang’s safe income, its painful at first because you keep tossing money at something you don’t see, but once you max it out you pull in almost £15,000 every few hours.

When I finished Syndicate’s main story I had well over £100,000

I was the other way round. Take over everywhere, then skip through the plot. Just seems tidier :)

Yeah I had the whole city under my control before I started the later sequences, it was nice to see my gang everywhere. :)

Oh GOD thanks for reminding me about the fact that keeping the bounty targets alive was optional!
I usually try to do the challenges, but if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t matter much, but somewhat I thought I HAD to keep Abberlines targets alive. And that was my least favorite part of the game.

Yayyyy

I did one of those upgrades, but not the rest of them. I don’t go to the train a lot, but I try to not let too much time go buy when i get the message stating the safe is full. I just haven’t seemed to get ahead enough money-wise to throw 15K at the next upgrade. I think I had 18K saved up, but then promptly spent it on weapon upgrades and stuff :-)

It just seems like the plot missions give me different layouts to deal with and I kinda like the plot and Evie. It also keeps me focused so I don’t burn out.

Is there any side stuff that people really recommend? I’ve done some of the companion missions stuff, but not a lot.

The Charles Darwin sides with Jacob. It’s great.

Edit: actually I’m not sure if it’s a side or if you just meet him during the main quest, but have you started a quest about stopping some bad medication?

I remember I got stuck on a Darwin mission and gave up on the questline. Something about protecting him while groups of the belies tried to kill him in a crowd, or something.