Assassin's Creed - the movie starring Fassbender

Great idea.

Focus your movie on the one part of the game that absolutely nobody likes. Every iteration I keep hoping they have abandoned this shit and I keep being disappointed.

Zero interest.

New trailer

I want to like that, but there is just to much “lab” stuff going on, and not enough of the good stuff. :)

Might be good, might not. I its going to get crushed at the Box office though so it will continue the belief their can’t be good video game movies made.

Nope, that trailer was terrible. It looks like a very weak AC game.

He’s obviously a well regarded director. Must be a good script and a dump truck full of money. Quite a cast.

Omar’s coming!

Hey, a poster!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/timelines-merge-in-assassins-creed-poster/

“Look how many people that big man ate! More like Assassin’s greed.”

From that angle it looks more like Jake Gyllenhaall than Fassbender. Also, I hope the flying-through-the-air assassins don’t get chopped up by the helicopter blades! Also, it’s a dumb poster.

Despite having liked nearly everything I’ve seen Michael Fassbender in, I had pretty much written this off from the start as a videogame adaptation. But having discovered today that it’s by the same director as Snowtown, I’m actually a little intrigued.

Wow that poster looks awful LOL. Like a middle schooler photochopped it together.

Meh, its easier to make an anti Catholic movie than to put a dope smoking Muslim as a lead for an Assassin. Cuz thats what the original Assassins were, and even the AC games hinted at that in the first game. Yeah, basically Prince of Persia 2 Hollywood style.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[quote]
Fassbender says he was drawn to the Assassin’s Creed movie because its universe is “so dense, so fascinating, and so sophisticated.” In terms of the characters and story, things aren’t exactly black and white, Fassbender said, adding that from a moral perspective, it’s “very murky.”[/quote]

[quote]
“I really think it’s going to be a milestone movie,” he said. “It’s going to be the very first time that a video game studio creative works with movie creatives altogether to share a vision and give them the tool to express themselves; rather than have an adaptation. There’s going to be a ‘before and after Assassin’s Creed movie’ for sure.”[/quote]

Now why can’t we get that kind of optimism in the Trump thread?

Looking good!

[quote]
Assassin’s Creed the movie is fairly innocuous. It’s also cheerless and dumb.[/quote]

[quote]
The plot of Assassin’s Creed is very confusing. No, scratch that: It’s a mess. You might not really care, but the movie—directed by Justin Kurzel, the Australian director whose last picture was a supergritty version of Macbeth, also starring Fassbender and Cotillard—is rife with squandered opportunities. At one point, some sort of 15th century enemy Knight scrambles along a rooftop on his horse. This is fascinating: A horse on a rooftop! How did he get there? How did he get down? These are questions the movie never answers. Cool image, though.[/quote]

Did you read the thing you linked? I don’t think the author liked the film.

“Cool image, though.”

Boom. One and done.

We get it, you don’t like Assassin’s Creed games or unreleased movies.

I don’t mind a good point, followed by a good laugh, but that review was insufferable.

Is that so? Hmmm. I must have mistaken my own enthusiasm for The Force Awakens and Rogue One before they released, with my enthusiasm for each of the Assassin’s Creed games.

Edit: To clarify - this movie looked bad from the first trailer. I always expected it to be mediocre at best.