Assassin's Creed: Unity - Vive la révolution!

Yes, it’s so dense that the ‘polygon budget’ gets used up relatively close. I would sacrifice people for rooftops.

I played that on the 360 and loved it. I was thinking about picking it up on the Xbone. Which did you play it on? I’m wondering if the graphics improvements alone are worth anything.

The coexistence and contrast of the era’s decadence & luxury with the more base aspects of common life (poverty, lack of sanitation, disease, etc) can be astounding. Check out the Baroque Cycle by Neal Stephenson for much more interesting commentary on the period.

IMO this is particularly illuminating since it parallels our own guilded age.

Diego

Oh, whew! Thank goodness!

Gotta make sure the important stuff is fixed first, right?

“You want more patches? Put another nickel in the basket first.”

I am sure that issue was much more important than the other bugs.

All kidding aside, I understand why they had to fix the Helix Credit issue ASAP. There are poor fuckers who spent up to $99 on a virtual bag of moon-money and didn’t get them on top of spending $60 to even play the game.

Uhh yeah, anything involving Billing is an immediate fix, for many reasons.

— Alan

Again, it’s worth pointing out that LOD in this game is hardcoded, so you have a PS4 or top of the line PC, the LOD is still the same and a house one road away is a square, undistinguished blob.

Same for NPCs that aren’t close.

I’d like to declare an amnesty on anyone who needs to admit to spending real money on Assassicoins in this game. We won’t* judge you.

*will

Biggest laugh:

apparently the PS4 framerate issues are caused by the console being online.

Put it offline and it’s smooth.

So this leaves the PC version even more in shit domain, since even a PS4 can actually run the game well.

Assassings!

Unless Digital Foundry is lying, this isn’t true.

…we can confirm that both performance analysis tests on this page were carried out with the day one patch installed but with both consoles running offline.

I don’t get it. I mean, did we really need another AssGreed?

Is your question “Did we need an Assassin’s Creed set during the French Revolution?”

The answer to that question is yes.

Anything else?

About the poor LOD, some more NEXT GEN scenes:

http://i5.minus.com/iODdg1xEKsH4Y.jpg

This is hardcoded LOD, once again, it’s like this regardless of settings.

Instead it seems the texture quality on those buildings improve, if you can afford Ultra and 4Gb. I think tried set ultra textures on those scenes on a friend PC, but I saw no difference, so it’s possible that textures load only if you have memory to space.

It also seems that PS4 has ultra textures, at least on the distant LOD.

That LOD looks pretty bad. Remember having that kind of lod settings back when we did multiplayer GLQ2 to hit 44 fps :)

Holy shit that might be the ugliest thing I’ve seen in decades.

Who the hell thought “lets make a whole city!” without the technology to remotely pull it off?

That shit makes Mass Effect texture pop-ins look perfectly fine.

It seems more a bug to me. The game usually doesn’t look like that! Even TF image above with “poor LoD” looks way better than Hrose image

Here a better roofs image

Come on, you’ve specifically hidden everything beyond the LOD line except for things too distant to see.

It’s not always bad. It just depends what’s in view. From Notre Dame, you can see a lot of low detail buildings but there are so many of them, so densely packed that you get a great looking cityscape. At other times, it seems like there’s little in the high-detail region, and the low detail region is near enough to take a lot of screen space. Looking across the river generally does it, or looking at other tall buildings form a roof, without seeing the ground level detail…

After a few hours exploring it doesn’t a have much of a negative effect for me, despite the screenshots. I’m just a bit surprised they went that direction.