Assassin's Creed: Unity - Vive la révolution!

How do you do that? Are you able to verify your other AC games with Uplay too for Initiates?

The Play button for the game in Uplay has an arrow next to it that gives options like Uninstall, and verify files.

It did claim to replace some files for me, and I had no crashes tonight at all…

Thanks!

Oh what a disappointment, as the enigmas where you actually had to think were interesting.

Yeah. I guess I shouldn’t say tedious - the riddles and all that were fine - but it is time consuming to go through all that and get nothing but a new skin. Ugh.

Oh, wow.

We have discovered one of the issues that may cause the game to crash at the main menu after pressing the CONTINUE button. This issue affects all platforms.

The team is working hard on a fix for those players that have been affected by this. However, for players who haven’t experienced this issue, we highly recommend you take the following steps to prevent a crash:

Do not add any IN-GAME RECENT PLAYER as a GAME CONTACT
If you already have GAME CONTACTS, perform the following to remove them:
My Brotherhood > My Contacts > Game Contacts (using RB/R1) > Focus on a Contact (LS) > More Actions (Y/Triangle) > Remove from contacts.

Looks like it’s something with co-op or multiplayer, which I don’t mess with. So I should be good.

Patch number 3 on the way… lots of specific fixes. General performance not one of them yet though.

I’m still enjoying it I have to say. Contemplating Rogue as well now…

Very interested to see how they patch this. I’m almost done with the campaign, and I like it a lot. There are quite a few missions I can see myself happily replaying. Too bad the story is awful.

I have so little idea what the plot is. There are French men, all of whom are interchangeable to me. They are doing things to each other, now and again.

I jump over things.

Is the story really anti-revolutionary, pro-Monarchy?

The story is pro-waste. Waste is the defining word, and the French Revolution is wasted in the game. It’s just there, as background but it is never part of the story.

Oh come on - it spawns those orange ‘Catch the Thief’ dots and those red ‘Kill the Criminals’ dots. You actually need to press Tackle for the first one and Attack for the second - if that’s not rich use of the setting, what is?

Speaking of side activities, one of the (many) aspects the game is bad is this, side activities:
“Catch the thief” has been nerfed from past AC games and now runs away at the speed of a old grandma. You can usually catch him in 2-5 seconds. In fact, sometimes you can’t do the tackle properly because you surpass him by mistake very easily and the animation only works from behind.
“Kill the criminals” is just kill 1-3 “red” guys. In the case they are 1 guy or 2 guys, you do it by pressing one single button with the hidden blades (woah pressing a button, so complex!), only in the case they were 3 guys you need to do normal combat. Which usually means press attack button three extra times.
My favorite is perhaps “scare the bullies”, a challenging and creative encounter which is solved through pressing again a single button: “draw sword”. That’s it, you draw the sword, they are scared, activity completed. Wow, such work, etc.

What’s the point of even putting activities in the game if they are gonna be so bad. It’s a so obvious filler.

I’d love to know the Ubisoft rationale behind all their pointless non-content. All those treasure chests in AC and Far Cry that have loot so worthless it’s never worth going out of your way to find them. Is there some group of people they’ve identified that loves collecting all the chests?

Obviously. We have people right here on this forum that have confessed to OCD issues with open-world games.

I know I’m the lone voice here always advocating for the original game, but this is one of the reasons it is still my favorite AC game. No pointless filler activities, no map full of pointless treasure chests. Just expose a new area of Jerusalem, Damascus or Acre by going to the lookout points, then do any two activities that you enjoy, then get on with the assassination. But people weren’t happy with that. People liked the 50+ hours of AC2 full of filler over the super focused 11 hours of the first AC that never overstayed its welcome. And the original is the one people call repetitive, which just boggles my mind. It was over before it could get repetitive, unlike the others.

It’s probably a measure of my short attention span, but I far preferred the sequels that added the “filler”, especially Brotherhood. Having a cadre of assassins at your command, for instance, was brilliant. Probably why I love Rockstar games like GTA so much, if I get a little tired of missions I can join a race, go on a rampage, look for collectibles, find side missions with random characters. I liked the first AC, but between that lack of distraction and the fact that the actual assassinations felt more like puzzles to be figured out than an opportunity for a creative kill, it was definitely one of my least favorites in the series.

Unity Season Pass, what’s up?

To show our appreciation for your continued support, we’re making the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC free for everyone. For Season Pass holders, we will also offer the choice of one additional game from a selection of Ubisoft titles for free. More details on the offer for Season Pass holders can be found here: AC Unity FAQ

Removed from Steam.

https://steamdb.info/app/324330/history/

Removed from US PSN store

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/assassin’s-creed-unity/cid=UP0001-CUSA00663_00-AC4GAMEPS4000001%3AADD-ONS

Removed from Xbox Store

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/dlc/Assassins-Creed-Unity/1b5a4a08-06f0-49d6-b25f-d7322c11f3c8

Removed from Uplay

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/search/vars.false/sort.relevanceFactor?q=assassin's+creed+unity+season+pass

I guess Season Pass folks can go get AC Rogue or Far Cry 4.

Wow, pretty cool. I’ve been impressed with Ubi’s single player DLC recently (Freedom Cry for AC4 and Bad Blood for Watchdogs) so I was going to get Dead Kings. Now I don’t have to!