Bargain Thread 2017

Not sure what you’re talking about. This conversation was about a Star Wars game sale of up to 70% off, not one of the giveaways.

Over a long enough time span, all games are free.

Not true for any Nintendo games yet.

GMG hidden Gems sale:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/hidden-gems/

Extra 17% off code: GMG17

I picked up Beat Cop

Friday Special Bundle at IndieGala features 11 Steam games for $3.49. The bundle includes Legend of Dungeon, which is worth $3.49 all by itself.

I’d like to give them money for a few hidden gems but their payment system is borked. I tried to use paypal but the damn window kept closing saying I canceled the order. I tried this on a Mac and PC. Then I tried my credit card, they charged me twice, and then the page said it couldn’t process my CC. WTF? Luckily they already show a reversal on my CC. Is there some trick to how to give them money for games?

I have given up and ignored that site for years for those exact same reasons. My trick is thus to ignore GMG.

I didnt enjoy Legend of Dungeon in the slightest. Found it as boring and uninspired a “roguelite” could get. Yeah I am grumpy!

Weird, I’ve never had a problem paying them via card or PayPal. What browser are you using? Also do you have any particular third-party extensions active?

Your loss, I buy a lot games there, great prices.

Haven’t even tried recently (for a few years now), but where I’ve consistently had problems paying with a credit card is on Steam itself. I always just use PayPal instead.

After the 7th or 8th try with PayPal it finally went through. I doubt I will use them again if it’s this much trouble.

I have no problem using them for years from Canada on Chrome even with uBlock Origin.

SUPERHOT appears to be free on Twitch Prime (link your Amazon Prime account to Twitch).

Thanks for this descriptor. I always thought Twitch Prime was some kind of paid tier of Twitch membership when I saw it mentioned in this thread. So I’ll try to sign up for Twitch today, and then link it to my Amazon Prime account, and see if that gives me Twitch Prime or not. (I have the Amazon Prime legacy edition where I get the free shipping, but few other benefits).

EDIT: Rats, I did it, and didn’t get Twitch Prime. Oh well. I wish I could “un-sign up” for Twitch now. I can’t imagine ever needing that, except to get spam from them.

You might be confused, because that’s all you need to do.

See above. I don’t think my version of Amazon Prime (legacy, no longer available version, where I only get 2 day free shipping, and discounts on pre-orders, but no other benefits) gives me access to Twitch Prime. I already tried it, and Amazon tells me to sign up for a free trial of full Prime if I want Twitch Prime.

But if I sign up for free trial of Full Prime, I’m pretty sure I can never go back to my legacy Prime again.

Oh I missed that part. It definitely wouldn’t be worth it for Twitch Prime. There’s hardly anything good. Lots of skins and crap for multiplayer games.

Very occasionally there’s a full free game and sometimes in-game swag or items for a single player game (most recently AC Origins).

So Fanatical has a Star Deal today on Warhammer 40K : Armageddon at only $5.99 (85% discount). That is well below it’s previous historical low, and well worth it for the game.

Fanatical also has a sale on 2K Games. Many discounted 50%-80%. Not sure if the WINTER10 code would then grant an additional 10% on the sale titles, but try it and see.