Bargain Thread 2017

It’s a Steam key, so I’d assume the info on Steam’s website is more reliable than the info on GamersGate.

Humble THQ/Nordic Playstation Bundle finally dropped. It’s a good one too, three tiers starting at just $1.

Pay $1 or more for Steam PS4 keys for:

• Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  • Red Faction
  • Super Dungeon Bros
  • Deponia
  • ArcaniA : Complete Tale

BTA (currently $9.65) and receive:

• Battle Worlds : Kronos
  • Destroy All Humans
  • Destroy All Humans 2
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary

Pay $15 and unlock:

• Darksiders
  • Darksiders Warmastered
  • Darksiders 2
  • Darksiders 2 Dethfinitive Edition
  • MX vs. ATV Supercross
  • MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore

Also the Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight 2017 has begun. Pay $1 to vote for four games to be prototyped, then receive all four prototypes April 28th.
You can also pay $5 to get some of the previous years winners, or $15 and get it all plus a handful of Double Fine games.

Pop over to the Humble Store while you’re there as they are having a nice Strategy Games Sale. Up to 75% off a bunch of games.
Highlights include:

• Age of Wonders III - $6.74
  • Endless Legend - $6.74 - Shadows DLC - $2.91 - Guardians DLC - $2.24
  • Rebuild 3 : Gangs of Deadsville - $8.09
  • Banner Saga 2 - $13.49
  • Northgard - $16.19
  • Oriental Empires - $20.24

I can confirm that Monster Slayers definitely works on Mac.

It was PC-only for a few hours on release, which might explain why Gamersgate got its listing confused.

Lol 2 weeks late for the THQ bundle and I get no google juice for breaking the news early

Amazon

Special offers and product promotions
Buy 2, Get 1 toys Here’s how (restrictions apply)

Includes board games like

Carcassonne [amazon.com] $22.10
The Resistance [amazon.com] (The Dystopian Universe) $11.98
Codenames [amazon.com] $15.49

courtesy of SD.

Not seeing the buy 2 get 1 piece, but some of the prices look good.

It’s marked down under the Special Promotions and looks like this:

Special offers and product promotions
Buy 2, Get 1 toys Here’s how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Cranium Dark Game” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 39% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon’s 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Get a $75.00 statement credit after first Amazon.com purchase made with new Discover it® card within 3 months. Terms and conditions apply. See offer for details. Apply now.

Carcassonne doesn’t seem to have it anymore but Cranium and some others do.

https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-B7402-Cranium-Dark-Game/dp/B01ALIGXUG?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=a7c0b25c19b311e7b47a327e808161950INT

Star Deal of the Day on BundleStars is Ryse : Son of Rome for only $2.99. Ryse is a beautiful action game with a well written and interesting, albeit short, story. At $3 everyone should own it.

GOG is having a PC Gamer Picks Sale featuring many great titles including:

SOMA - $9.99
The Flame in the Flood - $9.99
Massive Chalice - $1.99
Sunless Sea - $6.33
Big Pharma - $6.24
Moon Hunters - $8.24
Convoy - $4.49
Serpent in the Staglands - $6.66

New style DualShock 4 with PC dongle and charging cradle for $40.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-dualshock-4-wireless-controller-starter-kit-for-playstation-4-black/5623686.p?skuId=5623686

Does that dongle do anything special? Is it any better than DS4 Windows?

“By connecting the product to the USB port of a Windows PC or Mac, you can connect the DUALSHOCK 4 wirelessly via Bluetooth.”
Mark me confused!

Sounds like it’s a Bluetooth dongle.

That’s pretty cool. Finally an acknowledgement that most of us still have computers from an era where motherboards did not come with bluetooth. Mine computer is from 2010. I’ve upgraded my video card twice, but everything else is the same.

Hmm, I’m still not sure whether I want to switch to the DS4 full time, but that seems like a handy option to have for PC.

Limited reports I’ve read say that it provides lower latency than generic Bluetooth options and can be used in conjunction with DS4W.

You already have a DS4 controller, since you have a PS4. So do I. You don’t need a second one. Same with Xbox One controllers, you can just hook them up to your PC via USB, and they start working.

Though when I used the DS4 this weekend with Don’t Starve on PC, it was awkward. Unlike a 360 controller, the game doesn’t recognize the DS4 specifically, so it’s just treated like a generic controller, and the UI gets really ugly with large lines of text saying things like “Button 6 -> eat, Button 7->Drop”, etc. The 360 and XB1 control UI is a lot cleaner and pretty in comparison.

Don’t worry, I’m fine. The dongle and charging station cost almost the entire sale price and I could actually use them, so 10 bucks to have a spare and so I don’t have to walk between rooms. Not to mention kids that are going to want to play soon.

I realize the button prompts would be wrong on a lot of games. It would be for beat 'em ups where I know what I’m doing. Haven’t decided.

GMG Easter sale is live!

https://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

Doesn’t the Steam controller implementation deal with stuff like that these days?