Bargain Thread 2017

I hesitated posting this since it isn’t a traditional Bargain, but you can get Tekken 7 (non deluxe) from GamersGate for $34.84 if you pay with Razer zGold.

This is the cheapest you can get the game…even cheaper than the grey market. The catch is that you have to set up a Razer Z Vault account and purchase zGold in denominations of $30 or $50.

SO this will probably be more of a hassle than worth it for most people but the price is great if you were planning to get Tekken 7 on PC.

Anyone on QT3 playing this?

I don’t think the preview is working right. It should be
50% off for $9.99

Also this is on sale:

https://chrono.gg

Asura is an indie, top-down, Hack ‘n’ Slash game set in a fantasy world inspired by the richness of Indian mythology. It features heavy rogue-like elements and a unique procedural skill tree which changes on every play-through.

Very Positive reviews on Steam (301 reviews)

I’ve played a few bouts so far, and it’s pretty great, I just need to find time to play more. Even playing with randos is fun.

Also VERY tempted on Asura.

The 50% is when someone that already owns it buys it for a friend.

Gotcha.

Though I think if your account owns any Guns of Icarus title on Steam it might apply. I don’t own Alliance but I own Online and I am seeing the 50% discount.

I have it and I did the tutorials but I haven’t played much further. Not because it isn’t fun, it is. But shortly after I purchased it Prey came out. I’l get back into it eventually.

Not sure if I’d want to spring $25 on the Sonic Collection, but are there any that individually are recommended? I liked Sonic 1 on the Genesis.

Sonic 2 is like Sonic 1, but better.

I bounced off of Sonic Generations for some reason, but I do keep it installed and intend to go back to it because it does seem like a good game. It’s supposed to be more of a throwback to the classic Sonic games as opposed to the 3D ones (like Sonic Adventure, which a lot of people do enjoy, but I was never able to get into).

Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine is one of the best Tetris/Bejeweled clones out there, but 80% of the fun is competitive multiplayer.

And Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is a very good Mario Kart-like. The Android version was a complete ripoff, but I’ve had a lot of fun with the PC version.

Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles are also great ways to play. But 2 is definitely the tightest experience, though Sonic & Knuckles is a very close match for me.

K’ thanks. Maybe I’ll pick up one of those 2. I do have ALL-Stars Racing already so I’m good there.

I played Sonic 1 (might be actually the only real pure platformer I ever finished), loved it, and I didn’t enjoy any of the direct sequels (2 and 3). I must be a psychic because I sensed the bs storm coming down on that license right from the second game, which I deeply loathed.
Edit: I’ll elaborate a bit by saying I didn’t enjoy the level design at all: it felt like it was trying to go for speed-speed-speed instead of the slightly sped-up Mario of the previous game. The game was also much harder, which tended to make it feel like a play by heart thing (which is true of any platform game you want to master, I guess, but it was much in my face in that one). Finally, I felt like any members of the added “cast” was just an insult thrown at me, all being childish and having no charm. It’s like the game jumped from a classical looneytune ambiance, as it felt in the first game, to some generic anime.

Wow, I guess I had this on my mind for the past 25 years. It feels good to have gotten it out :O

Th Disney Afternoon Collection, which released last month on PS4, is currently 30% off, which is unusual for a PSN game on its first month out.

I’d also like to point out that I’m the 27th fastest Darkwing Duck player in the universe right now. Thank you.

There’s a game called Dead in Bermuda free from Origin. Not my cup of tea, even free. But maybe someone here might want it.

Played it some last year. It’s a pseudo-management survival mystery game where you have to explore an island after a plane crash and keep everybody from dying. I felt like it was pretty easy to screw yourself and wind up on a negative trajectory you can’t recover from, but worth a look.

Hmmm, that would not be my kind of thing. I like reacting to things instead of trying to memorize the levels.

BundleStars has Mad Max as the Star Deal today for only $3.99 (80% off). Well worth picking up at the price.

They also have the Hard as Nails Heroes Bundle for a special launch week price of $1.49. 8 Steam keys:

• 12 Is Better Than 6
  • Dungeon Escape
  • Pumped BMX+
  • Barrier X
  • Porcunipine
  • Oniken : Unstoppable Edition
  • In Between
  • Green Game : TimeSwapper

I’ve heard good things about 12 Is Better Than 6, Dungeon Escape and In Between, so $1.49 seems like a good deal.

Also on offer at BundleStars.com, the Heroes Pix-A-Mix Bundle. 50 Steam games to choose from, $1.99 for any 5, $3.49 for 10 or $5.99 for 20. Too many to list, but there are enough decent titles in the mix to make a worthwhile 5-10 game bundle depending on what you already own.

Did you just nab Stellaris as part of the Humble Monthly Bundle? Head over to GreenManGaming where Stellaris and all it’s DLC are part of the Hot Deals this weekend. Cities : Skylines and it’s DLC also on sale.

Steam is having a THQ Nordic Publishers Sale this weekend. Up to 80% off all the games you already own! ;-) Although I do see they are pre-selling Spellforce 3 (release date says December 7th). I didn’t even know they were working on a Spellforce 3. I am officially intrigued.

Steam also has deals on the Company of Heroes Franchise, including $9.99 for the CoH 2 Master Collection. Recent updates to both CoH 2 and the original CoH have added content and features that veteran players will enjoy.

Hidden in there is this amazingness:

$14 for every Novalogic game Steam has. Fucking steal if you ask me.

12 is Better than 6 is a wonderful little game. A unique aesthetic design (hand drawn pen and ink levels that become soaked in blood)coupled with really fun gameplay (kind of a Hotline Miami approach). Definitely worth some hours of your time.

Spelunky is $2.25 on Steam today, which makes it a crime not to own if you don’t already. Seriously – you’re looking at 75 years in the slammer.

Imperium Galactica II [Online Game Code]

Cheaper than the sale on Steam.