Bargain Thread 2017

I liked it! But it was my first and only Borderlands game. I burned out eventually. I liked the silly low-gravity, oxygen-starved environment.

BundleStars Star Deal today is Bridge Constructor Collection for $1.99 (90%) Contains:

• Bridge Constructor
  • Bridge Constructor Medieval
  • Bridge Constructor Playground

Indie Armada Bundle at IndideGala features 11 Steam Games and 10 Gala Gold for $3.49

• The Theodore Adventures
  • L.S.S
  • Orb the Ball
  • Defender of Earth vs. Alien Armada
  • Dead Army : Radio Frequency
  • Steel Punk Ball
  • Colortone
  • The Seven Years War
  • Middle Ages Hero
  • Edge of Twilight : Return to Glory
  • Brain Storm : Tower Bombarde
  • 10 Gala Gold

Edge of Twilight and Seven Years War look fairly interesting. Gala Gold is converted into Gala Silver (10 Gold is 100 Silver) which is used to bid on games being auctioned at Indie Gala. most games auctioned there are games from the bundles.

Steam has Grim Dawn on sale today for $7.49 (70%) as the Daily Deal.
Steam also has Age of Gladiators for $1.49 (85%)
The very interesting looking Tales from Candlekeep : Tomb of Annihilation releases today, $13.59 (15%).

Woah. What could this be?

Hey cool, the expansion must be out today!

Yup. $17.99, no launch day discount.

Man, that’s like a going out of business sale. I may have to grab that.

Crossposting from the GOG thread:

Torchlight and Torchlight II have been added to GOG Connect.
If you own them on Steam, go hit the Connect button and you’ll own them on GOG as well.

SWEET

https://i.imgur.com/1dWdkxW.png

<-This is where the LIKE button should be so I could be clicking it furiously right now. ->

We had a like button, but Snake yoinked it.

snakeyoink

age of gladiators looks rad. this looks like a meatier Domina.

at $1.50 ill roll the dice. though i did the same thing with Clan of Champions (or whatever, the botch-job sequel to Gladiator Begins) and completely regretted it.

Oh, man. It does.

Actually it looks like a Roman version of Out of the Park Baseball, except the players die. Apparently they don’t have a union.

Gonna try.

I’ll be interested what you guys think of age of gladiators. Most of the reviews seem to think it’s a fun game but once you figure out the winning strategy it becomes to easy and boring.

I bounced hard off of it awhile back. I’m usually all up for text based management sims, but I found this to be a bit lifeless and dry.

For those interested, the reason Age of Gladiators is so cheap right now is because they just released Age of Gladiators 2 about 3 weeks ago. The second game leaps 3000 years into the future, so it’s essentially space gladiators with alien gladiators and whatnot. It’s also moved away from the full management sim to include an isometric combat portion where you control your team and issue orders and use abilities and items during combat.

No discount, although there is a bundle that includes both games which is oddly discounted to be slightly cheaper than the second game by itself.

Never has a phrase turned me off from a game more quickly…

What have you got against whatnot?

I’m just really tired of space marines wearing chunky armor, making angry faces, and yelling at people.

You forgot “being bald”.

I played Age of Gladiators 2 for a bit, its ok. A fair amount of depth to be discovered, in upgrading your space ludus. I had fun equipping my gladiators and discovering what the racial special abilities were, and upgrading your base, ala xcom like also had some interesting choices. The combat is decent 3D, and is challenging, probably a little too much at first, then later its too easy when you trained your squad and turned them into uber soldiers. After winning the championship for the first season, I lost interest in playing more though, nothing new to discover, just tweaking and replacing worn warriors and equipment. Worth a play if you LOVE the idea of running a ludus, especially a space one. Otherwise better games to play, with better legs…

Why all the humans are bald…I have no idea…hair loss from the future version of steroids maybe?