Bargain Thread 2017

Courtesy of CAG, Telltale’s Batman Arkham Episode 2 is free on Xbox Live. Episode 1 was free over Christmas/New Year’s sale. So that’s quite the intriguing way of pulling you in. Just have a free episode. Not enough? Have another one. Now you know you want the remaining 3 episodes, right?

Star Wars Humble Bundle 3 is live:

$1 or more for Steam keys to:

• Knights of the Old Republic
  • X-Wing Alliance
  • X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - Balance of Power Campaigns
  • Galactic Battlegrounds Saga

BTA (currently $7.50) and also receive:

• Battlefront II
  • Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast
  • Starfighter
  • Knights of the Old Republic II : Sith Lords
  • Rebel Assault I + II

Pay $14 or more and unlock:

• Force Unleashed : Ultimate Sith Edition
  • Force Unleashed 2
  • Rogue Squadron 3D
  • Shadows of the Empire
  • Empire At War : Gold Pack

Pay $35 and receive an X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter T-shirt shipped worldwide.

Free month of PS Plus, only for lapsed subscribers and possibly only in Europe/Australia too. Offer valid until end of February.

Good time to take advantage now that Nioh is released!

Yeah it says my email isn’t eligible here in the US. Unless I haven’t linked it properly. But it’s my main PSN email.

That’s ok. I don’t really have time for Nioh co-op anyway.

Interesting Hump Day Bundle at IndieGala.com. $3.49 for 10 Steam games:
•Quatros Origins
•Super Flippin’ Phones
•Wrack
•Gryphon Knight Epic
•Putrefacation 2 : Void Walker
•Ziggy’s Chase
•Axes and Acres
•Grab the Bottle
•Tachyon Project
•The Deep Paths

Gryphon Knight Epic is clever and fun. Axes and Acres is an interesting and unique solo strategy game. The Deep Paths is a well received Dungeon Master like grid-based old-school RPG. Those three games alone make this bundle worth it’s low price.

Over at BundleStars they have a three-tiered Microids Bundle.

The $1 Tier is worth it just for the nostalgia value of playing Darkstone, Syberia and Haegmonia again.

I’m tempted for Axes and Acres, but I don’t think I’d get to it any time soon. There will probably be another bundle at some point.

Ton of stuff for 30 bucks in the new Humble Freedom Bundle

Edit: Ninja’d by abidingdude

New bundle at Humble. Could be a good deal if you don’t have a lot of these games. The only one I really want that I don’t have is The Witness, so I’m going to pass on it.

The Witness
Stardew Valley
Subnautica
Invisible Inc
World of Goo
The Swapper
Spirits
Human Resource Machine
Mini Metro
… and more

This bundle would’ve been a lot more attractive before the winter sale… but given the charities and $300k match from Humble I may buy in anyway.

Bought in for $100 purely because 100% goes to charity (and Humble will match it as well).

Brakara! Welcome back buddy! I missed you. If you own Forza Horizon 3, I’ve been sending you Bucket list challenges.

Sorry, that was off topic. Back to bargains.

This game is great and underrated.

Thanks, Rock8man! FH3 is a game I need to get back into as I was on holiday when it was released, and then it got lost in the Fall/Winter releases. I’m not sure how I feel about it though. I mean, the setting is awesome but the gameplay seems almost identical to the first two games (both of which I played to death). Actually, I think both Forza titles would be better off with complete career overhauls as I had a similar issue with Forza 6.

That is a fantastic bundle, sadly I own 22 of the games in it already.

*** if anyone has a spare Song of the Deep key, I’d be willing to trade / paypal for it. :)

Amazing bundle for a great cause. It took less than 90 minutes for them to reach the $300K mark, so that’s $600K donated to the ACLU by Humble. So great! It’s still going even without the match, $350K raised in the first 90 minutes. Gamers rock!

Jalopy is on sale on Steam for under $10.

From the videos, it looks kind of fun.

What says the Qt3 hive-mind? “Check it out, it’s different and fun,” or “Didn’t the '74 Capri you drove in high school give you enough of the ‘Am I going to break down in the middle of the road?’ fear for a lifetime?”

Hmm, that bundle. I already have a number of the games I’m really interested in from that (Invisible Inc, Stanley Parable, World of Goo) and there are a lot that I’d probably never touch because they just aren’t my style. But I am interested in Subnautica, the Swapper, Human Resource Machine, Overgrowth and even the Pizza Girl one). Decisions decisions.

If the bundle is close to what Subnautica costs go for it. Subnautica is the pinnacle of single player survival games in my view. There is a good amount of story, an actual end-game, it’s gorgeous, there is a lot to do with many surprises, creature behavior and looks are excellent, it can be scary but when you’re safe it is very relaxing. Can’t wait til it’s final content release build in May.

Denny, have you played “My Summer Car?” All the people I know (that talk about it) love it so far. It sounds similar.

Offworld Trading Co is $13.59 on Steam. The only reason I hesitate is because of my ridiculous backlog.