Bargain Thread 2017

Don’t forget the all-time winner when it comes to unfortunate names, Gamersgate. They’re all about selling cut-rate games you never heard of, not threatening to rape women on the internet.

Unless I mixed the names up. They’re so similar!

Bundle Stars has had some solid bundles as well as their daily Star Deal being more hit than miss on quality. They’re not up to the quality of main numbered Humble Bundles but I’d easily put them second and way, way above IndieGala and Groupees in quality.

To be fair, they’ve been around way longer than the shitheel movement.

They should use that in their marketing. “Buy Bad Rats 2 from us, and we almost certainly won’t dox you, spread lies to your employer, and threaten to rape you!”

Yeah, they’ve been around since the mid-aughts, used to be owned by Paradox. C’mon now.

All the Adolphs felt the same way in 1945. It’s just so darn unfair!

742702daef1d81e5c437ebb37e32b653ad15759a480fad09b7ceb2726121b96e

In case it’s not clear to other folks, this game is free on itch.io if you claim it in the next day or two, or you can pay $0.50 or more for a Steam key.

Slitherine/Matrix is having a huge Halloween sale. 25% off with the coupon code “HappyHalloween”.

In an unusual (for Slitherine) move, it applies to all titles, even newest releases, which means that Field of Glory II can be had for less than $23.

Oh oh geezus, my poor wallet.

Absolutely. BundleStars Fanatic has come on strong in the past couple of years, with many good bundles and great deals on individual games both indie and AAA. I’d rate them just below Humble in overall quality, and just as good on service and support.

Beyond those two it drops off a bit:

• GreenManGaming is still great for service and support, but they don’t seem to run as many great deals as they used to.
  • The unfortunately named GamersGate often has decent sale prices, but on lesser games that have already been through bundles and sales elsewhere.
  • IndieGala occasionally has a good sale price on an individual game, but their bundles are more miss than hit these days, consisting mostly of lower quality indie games that sell for under $5 retail.
  • Same thing with DailyIndieGame. Sometimes you’ll get a bundle from one of them that contains one or two interesting games and makes it worth pulling the trigger, but not nearly as often as Humble and BundleStars Fanatic.
  • Groupees used to be a good place to find interesting early access indies as part of bundles, but their acquisition quality seems to have dropped off anymore and they seem to focus more on chiptunes music and digital books than games these days.

I usually check all of these sites and IsThereAnyDeal.com daily for any decent deals, because yeah, I have a problem…

Halloween Sale is on at Steam. Some highlights:

• Warhammer : End Times - Vermintide - $7.49
  • Grim Dawn - $8.49
  • SOMA - $7.49
  • Amnesia Collection (both games) - $3.49
  • Crypt of the NecroDancer - $2.99
  • How to Survive 2 - $3.74
  • Sunless Sea - $6.26
  • NEO Scavenger is $3.74
  • TellTale Everything Walking Dead Bundle - $28.98
  • and many more

Bayonetta is the Weekend Deal for $13.39 (33%)
A.R.K. Survival Evolved is also a Weekend Deal though it appears they forgot to put a discount on it as of yet…
Hellldivers has a Free Weekend and is also 50% off at $9.99
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY is $19.99 (50%).
Tyranny : Commander Edition is $17.99 (60%)
Torment : Tides of Numeria is $19.79 (56%)
Desktop Dungeons is $7.49 (50%)

Elsewhere on the InterWebs:

Humble Store is also having a Haunted Halloween Sale. Monthly Subscribers get an additional 10% off.

Oh, and look at that, GreenManGaming is also having a, you guessed it, Halloween Sale this weekend as well.

Not to be left behind, GOG is also having a Halloween Sale. In addition to a bunch of spooky games on sale individually, they have Bundles available of D&D games, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. titles, The Walking Dead Franchise and a Frictional Bundle.

Lots of new titles have been added to GOG Connect as well, so click through to add them to your GOG library if you own them on Steam.

Looks like the Summer Sales were better.

Yep, the number of titles on sale is fairly narrowly focused.

I must be narrowly focused too, I got an email earlier today that 25 game’s on my Steam wishlist are on sale.

Ok. 2345

Dude, I think you left your auto reply bot on.

Halloween Sale is always more narrow in focus. Usually “scary” games or games that contain monsters or some such thing that can be associated (albeit loosely) with the holiday.

Thanksgiving Sale will be more encompassing. Followed by the Winter Sale which will have many of the same deals as Thanksgiving but with a few additional titles and some steeper discounts on select games.

Yes. 23