Bargain Thread 2018

Razer Game Store has a bit of a pre-christmas sale going on, lots of Ubi games on sale and other stuff:

https://gamestore.razer.com/lp/christmas

Okay that’s it I’m not buying any more games. All these games being given away, which I’ve bought, but never played.

I JUST bought subnautica on sale recently. Feels great to hear it’ll be free before I get a chance to play it.

There is a problem with that store: about any login name randomly human sounding I could think of was already taken. I succesfully managed to eventually create an account by smashing my head on my keyboard, but I fear this is only a temporary solution until bots get to all the possible combinations.
Edit: and confirmation emails aren’t coming so, yup.

Weird. I tried to sign up and it said there was already an account, even though I’m sure I’ve never signed up for the Epic Game store. So I thought, maybe it’s something back in the Unreal Tournament days?

So I reset the password and signed in.

Apparently my name is Asd Dsa, and I’m from the Russian Federation. Who knew?

WTF?

Probably trying to get your Fortnite account, I guess? except of course you didn’t have one.

Shadow Complex giveaway?

Did you make an Unreal Engine 4 account maybe? It uses the same login.

Heh, no Unreal Engine 4 and no Shadow Complex giveaway.

In a way, I think I hijacked someone else’s account. On the other hand, they were using my email, and they hadn’t bought anything on the account, so I don’t feel bad.

Nah, that was a Russian hacker/bot doing something shady.

AMD Ryzen 2700X $289.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-octa-core-3-7-ghz-desktop-processor-with-wraith-prism-led-cooler/6224301.p?skuId=6224301

https://express.google.com/u/0/product/AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X-3-7-GHz-8-Core-Processor-16-MB-Socket-AM4-Retail/13782878566775606388_18199639160323993366_125181302

Either at Best Buy Directly or Via Google Express. I am not a huge fan of Google Express but there maybe some random coupon there you don’t have at the direct store.

Indie game sale this week @ the Humble Store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/indie-mega-week

I’m kind of afraid to post this here because whenever I mention a book I am usually told what crap someone thinks it is but…it’s a good price and you can get at almost any shop you want to get it at !

Digital versions are $2.99

WHAT CRAP IS THIS!?! By which I mean:

Hopefully just a hiccup and it will be available soon. I’ve never read any of the Pern-books, but I hear they’re good.

My store looks different.

It’s available…

Huh. Maybe some issue caused by me being in Canada. Strange, though, since all my kindle purchases normally are on amazon.com.

Edit; or maybe it is a Prime deal?

For what it’s worth, you might find a more receptive audience over here -

Thanks. I posted there too.

To be clear, it’s not the type of bargain so much as the books in it. I post very little here about what I read because well… the couple times I did I was told my book choices were garbage which is no fun at all.

Why I’ve, over the years, I’ve increaskngly found I don’t want to make sweeping judgements about entertainment. I may express why I don’t like something, but I’m incredibly reluctant to make sweeping ‘this is garbage’ statement.

Saying ‘I didn’t like a thing’ is much less combative than repeating ‘this this is bad’.

I’m sure I fall into the latter at times, but I do try and be intentional in my framing.

Eh, I read garbage too. Actually these past few years that’s mostly what I have read. Some of the garbage I even liked.

Almost finished with the Traitor Son Cycle, like 10% left in the final book. God was it long. I will be so glad to have finished it because then I can go read something else, hopefully good. My major beef with it was it was never bad enough to quit, and just good enough to keep me reading.

I can’t remember, but somebody else on this board bowed out after book one. My hat off to you Sir, I wish I was half as smart.