Bargain Thread 2018

I like that: next week you’ll be all, well I bought that Psychonauts VR game, now I have to buy a VR rig!

Whoops, just spent $50 on VR games, thanks @Rock8man!

A whole bunch of PSVR games are on sale right now, I picked up everything I had on my wishlist except Moss; that was one of the only things not on sale.

It’s fun and definitely worth it if you’re a Psychonauts fan. Not particularly long but a fun experience.

Torment: Tides of Numenara on Xbox One is $12.98 on Amazon.
Is it even worth it? Didn’t read much about this one but hey, $13.

Oh man, I’d like to know more too - that’s the sort of unofficial sequel of Planescape Torment right? Would be good to know if it plays reasonably well on console.

No idea how it is on console but I thought it was great - just a dizzying parade of cool ideas and great writing. Combat, not so great, admittedly, but it’s pretty rare and often avoidable.

That should be a box quote.

This is when a demo would really come in handy, so I can figure out if it’s just a train wreck on Xbox. Damn I miss demos!

Yakuza 0 is the featured game today on Chrono.gg for $16.75.
https://www.chrono.gg/

Just saw it comes with a paper map and soundtrack CD (and just read it’s the same guy who did the Planescape soundtrack!).

Well that tears it, I’m a sucker for a map.

This might well be my Game of the Year, so far, in a year filled to the brim with Games of the Year. Seriously, 2018 has been awesome so far.

Don’t tear the map!

XCOM 2 base game is $12.99 at Fanatical, while supplies last.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/xcom-2

Zelda Ocarina of Time (64 virt console) is 2$ on the Wii U shop.

NA, if this has different regions. Canada has a sale on the machine at EBGames if anyone else was interested in one - 135$. Got it and two 25$ games for our dusty old X1. They also have a Xbox X for 300$ promo if you trade in X1 or a PS4.

The Crew 2 , is 51% off @ GMG. From what I gathered from Tom’s streams and online comments, its not a great game.

Heh, every time I see that game, Tom’s opinion is the first thing that comes to mind which is weird because I don’t agree with a lot of his opinions on games.

War of the Chosen $17 @ GMG.

Seems like it took forever to break that 50% off price barrier.

I take it seriously because he was such a fan of the first one, personally.

Purchased!