Bargain Thread 2018

I take most of what Tom says seriously which can get me in trouble actually, but sometimes I just don’t always agree. This review though, grossly oversimplified, kind of read like look at what they did, just look at what they did. They ruined it! So it returns to me easily when i see that title.

What the heck is up with the isthereanydeal site? I tried going there to see if there were any deals on AC Origins DLC, and not only do the DLCs not turn up, but the base game doesn’t either. I thought they followed pretty much all game prices.

It’s all there, as far as I can tell. Examples:

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/assassinscreedorigins/info/

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/assassinscreedoriginscurseofpharaohs/info/

Also purchased. Looks like this is a good time to finally try out Xcom 2.

Check your spelling, and make sure you didn’t type in “Orgins” or something similar.

Don’s use the possessive apostrophe in “Assassin’s”. Lots of search engines in 2018 still stumble on that, for whatever reason. Like, we can put a man on the moon in 1969, but standard text search engines still go aflutter over apostrophes.

When I look for a price on a game in this series, I usually go with just “Creed Origins” or “Creed Odyssey” or something like it.

And god help you if it involves an ampersand. That and Japanese characters were the downfall of the systems I work on this week.

I’ve just been using https://trueachievements.com instead. More reliable.

Whenever it was (Gosh, 3 years already) when I did a thing for Halloween with Tom on the front page, I’d write stuff out on Word, and then copy-paste. And boy oh boy did WordPress HATE the apostrophes, ampersands, and quotation marks of Word. Yeesh.

Thanks for all the replies, guys. I tried typing just “Assassins Creed” sans apostrophe and got lots of hits (including for the new hotness Odyssey, but also for Unity), but strangely none for Origins. I looked to see if there was a “see more results” button as well. Maybe my ad blocker was interfering?

Oh no, no no no, not ever. Maps are my thing, likely as close unto holy writs as I have. In fact, where many people hang a nice landscape or classic reproduction on their walls, I have mostly maps. I love to look at them.

You’re like some long lost brother. Over my computer is an old map from the time of Spanish settlement of California.

I resemble this remark. From my hallway wall:

Google Photos

I only recently took down a Middle Earth map from the living room wall, because I needed it for a game.

Handelabra is having a sale, and the base game of Sentinels of the Multiverse is 0.99$ (but it was bundled recently anyway), but the more interesting part is that first season pack is 40% off, which might be an all-time low. This bargain is supposed to be active everywhere: Steam, iOS and Android.
The first season pack is tremendous value if you enjoyed the base game.

Why, thanks to @ineffablebob I have been enjoying the base game!

Let me look into that

The Humble store has a bunch of digital board games on sale.

Anyone who knows me here probably knows that I have most of them, but there are some awesome deals like Twilight Struggle for $3.99, Chaos Reborn for $3.29, Gremlins, Inc for $7.49, and Sentinels of the Multiverse for $1.

EVGA has a DT-model 1070, which I understand means it may not be overclockable, on sale for $290 right now.

Origins bundle over on Fanatical

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/origins-bundle

Rebel Galaxy
Punch Club Deluxe Edition
Grey Goo Definitive Edition
Rime
River City Ransom Underground
Remothered: Tormented Fathers
Overfall
Comedy Night
Starwhal
Outpost Zero
Gloom
Shuyan Saga

$5 seems pretty good for this bunch. I mean its got Starwhal !

Also Book Of Demons is $11:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/book-of-demons

And Northgard is $15 over on GMG (half off!)

So this is the thread I should have bumped, but going to plug Ascension (with all but latest expansion) at $2.69 as a great deal, as I hadn’t realized they reworked the client for full resolution.

Chrono.gg wants its share of the money being thrown blindly at Humble!
They introduced something called lootcrate, with 5 indie games for 10 12 bucks. [Edit: well, it’s 10 bucks where I live, excepting one can’t pay. I’ll trust @LockerK on the proper pricing!]

The reveal of the first one is the meeh-ish Crossing Souls, that Tom streamed a while ago while not aware he was only playing a demo, if I recall.

Anyway, if the deals sounds appealing, it won’t matter for some of us, as they only want American dollars. Begone, rest of the world!

Loot Crate’s been around for a while doing the physical themed mystery geek swag box (I already hate myself for typing that), actually kind of surprised it took them this long to move on to a digital offering. $12 for 5 indie games with only one revealed vs. Humble’s $12 for 6-8 games, usually one (or more) big name title, and 1-3 revealed ahead of time… well, good luck Loot Crate!