Bargain Thread 2019

I have to admit, there are some good looking games on there I’ve never gotten around to (including the original RDR, which came out before I got my PS4). On the other hand, my backlist on Steam is mocking me ;)

It tells me that even after I did a password reset (and it did before, which makes me think I knew my correct PW in the first place). I think their site is being hammered to death.

It’s definitely available, I found the link on another forum but here’s Polygon.

Fanatical Star Deal today is the strategy sequel Cossacks 3 for $5.89 (70%).

Also at Fanatical, aspiring game designers can nab the GameGuru Bundle. 3 Tiers, including GameGuru and the first three Mega Pack add-ons for only $2.99. Pay $4.99 and get add-ons for Buildings, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Death Valley. Pay $19.99 and unlock the Melee Weapons Pack.

GreenManGaming has Far Cry : New Dawn for $17.60 as the daily deal (UPLay redemption).

Humble Store is having a Brian RubinSpace Game Sale this week. Lots of great titles discounted up to 80%.

The GOG Spring Sale Flash Deals today are not bad:

• Far Cry 2 : Fortune’s Edition - $2.99
  • Panzer General II - $1.99
  • The Settlers 2 : 10th Anniversary Edition - $4.49
  • ECHO - $7.49
  • We Are The Dwarves - $1.29
  • Divinity : Original Sin - Enhanced Edition - $7.99

Thanks SlainteMhath!

To Brian and the other space game enthusiasts: what are the top 3 games you’d recommend on the current Humble Store Space Game Sale?

I realized I don’t own very many recent space games and would love feedback on the best of the best (thus the request for the top 3.)

My picks:

• Kerbal Space Program
  • Rebel Galaxy
  • X4: Foundations

Honorable mentions:

• Objects in Space
  • Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
  • Elite: Dangerous
  • Stars in Shadow

Wow, you guys are fast. I look forward to reading the feedback and buying some space games tonight or tomorrow!

Avorion:
Engaging and easy building without being trivial but with physics involved + fighting + collection stuff and resources + conquering the map (galaxy) with your homemade LEGO fleet. Light on lore, but very motivating progression due to earning materials and getting better at building ships as you progress.

This to me feels most like… having an adventure…out there. In space. Kerbal might be much better at this, but I have not invested enough time to say so.

Stars in Shadow:
Straightforward 4X game with interesting lore, nice artwork and meaningful/involving turn based combat.

Sins of a Solar Empire:
Gorgeous to look at RTS. Gather resources, build and upgrade wisely, outsmart the enemy. Very good… sci-fi-feeling too.

disclaimer: I have not played Shortest Trip to Earth and Objects in Space. They are still on my wishlist.

Kerbal Space Program is hands down the greatest space game ever made.

Kerbal deserves a lot of respect for doing something genuinely different, I just wish it did it better. The lack of feedback, and the lousy UI in general, really hamstring what should be a great experience.

This is incorrect.

No, no, I’m with @Kolbex on this one. It does the best at conveying the intricacies and complexities of space travel within a playable and enjoyable game.

You can agree with him all you want. It’s still incorrect.

The best space game of all time is obviously the seminal 1993 classic Inca II: Nations of Immortality.

But it’s not that space… it’s more… this little space above us. Isn’t it?

See guys? Stusser gets it.

81% from PC Gamer. Best space game of 1993, and also of all time.

81% in 1993, adjusted for inflation, must be around 105% today.

Inca 2 got 81%? Wtf? Must have been smoking the same thing the designers were.