Bargain Thread 2020

I forgot to post this over the weekend, but thankfully it’s still active. Fanatical has a new Shadows Bundle for $14.99 (85%) that is an amazing deal on two quality ARPGs.

• Shadows Awakening which was released last year and is the newest entry into the Heretic Kingdoms series, plus the Legendary Armory DLC pack, The Chromoton Chronicles expansion content and the Necrophage’s Curse expansion content (which is all the content to date).
  • Shadows : Heretic Kingdoms, the second game in the series which rarely goes on sale anywhere, plus Official Soundtrack

$15 just for the Complete version of Awakening is a great deal, toss in the excellent Heretic Kingdoms and it’s a steal for anyone who has ever been curious about the series.

The first game, Kult : Heretic Kingdoms is not included, but it is fairly dated by now despite being pretty cool back in it’s day (2005). You can sometimes find it on sale for as little as $0.49 on Steam during the big sales.

That also gives a free month of humble choice premium, which normally costs like $20, so it’s a pretty sweet deal if you’ve never subscribed to it before.

Not gonna get the bundle, but it made me aware that Magix Music Maker exists, which seems like it might be the software I have been looking for for ages, and is, until tomorrow, on sale for a pretty steep discount for Premium (basic is free).

Into the Breach is the only thing in the whole bundle I want but don’t have. On the one hand, I’m inclined to just get it anyway to support charity. On the other, it might be better to just donate directly and cut out the middle man.

That is a whole lot of games that I will probably never play, but the cause is good so why not?

Let me know how that goes. I’ve always had music in my head that I wanted to create, but never learned a musical instrument. I always wondered how easy these kind of software packages made that process.

This. You can always hand the keys out you don’t want, anyway.

Bundle seems to have activated Kult: Heretic Kingdoms on Steam for me, looks like one of the newer base games must come with it as well?

Nice! I couldn’t find anywhere in the descriptions of either the bundle or the products included on Steam where it mentioned Kult : Heretic Kingdoms. Did the bundle give you a single Steam key for everything? Seems odd that Fanatical wouldn’t mention getting the first game too, but hey, bonus games are always welcome!

Six keys:

Humble Choice offered me this month’s bundle at the premium rate for $6 if I would sign up again. I looked at the games and I think I’ll pass.

Redout complete bundle is $5 on Chrono.gg today only.

New free games on Twitch Prime:

Earthlock: Some kind of JRPG thing
Kathy Rain: A point-n-click adventure game which I must have liked, because I finished it.
Turok: I played this on the N64! That’s an old game! (Although apparently remastered in some fashion)
Etherborn: An environmental physics/gravity puzzle game, apparently quite short
Lightmatter: Another environmental puzzle game, rated “Very Positive” on steam, intriguing.

Thanks for the heads up, off into the backlog they go.

I feel the same, so I got it–gotta fight the covids, ya know? Maybe I’ll see if I can do the crosswords, too, because I like them, but I don’t have a printer so I probably won’t be able to work out how to do that.

I never have subscribed to anything Humble, so hey! Then I looked at the games I get to choose from, and… boy am I not interested in any of them. I guess Exapunks because I like programming games and I think I liked SpaceChem back in the day? Anyone have any recommendations?

I’m also going to go through the trove and download everything, because I can’t stop myself from doing that (though I will have no problem stopping myself from un-subscribing in three weeks… already set a reminder).

Yeah, I did the same thing ultimately.

I picked F1 2019, Planet Coaster, My Friend Pedro, and AI War 2. Nothing else really grabbed me.

New Humble Choice bundle will be revealed tomorrow, so if you haven’t bought in yet then you may want to wait.

AI War 2 is fantastic if you have any interest in strategy games.

Oh, for some reason I thought it was AI War (the first) which I already have on I think 2 different platforms. Great!