Bargain Thread 2020

Well I got Witcher 3 from my Xbox connection at least.

You can’t beat that with a stick.

Also, GOG and PSN linkup’s still broken.

This was posted in the Humble thread but not here and seems relevant:

It’s $30 for a much shorter list of games than the Itch Bundle of Doom ™ and some racial justice related books and comics. But it’s still 100% for charity, the games are of a more AAA persuasion and you do get steam keys.

I originally thought it would be a pass since I only saw one game i cared about and didn’t own, but then Isthereanydeal.com pinged it with three or four games on my wishlist and, turns out I still don’t own them (or, in one case, not on Steam), and there’s a couple other things I missed that I didn’t want enough to wishlist but are not not worth adding to my library (e.g. Elite Dangerous)…so maybe I’ll turn around on that.

Well if you or anybody feels like parting with that Elite key I’ve had my eye on that for a long, long time but the mile wide inch deep talk has prevented me from laying down any coin on it thus far. I am pretty interested in the “feeling of flying a spaceship” it supposedly invokes, though.

I’m kind of tempted by that bundle, not for the games, but there’s a lot of intriguing book titles there.

GOG is giving away the Eye of the Beholder series for another 43 hours.

Thanks @Malkael for posting it in the GOG thread. I bought these recently and the UI hasn’t aged well. They’ve also got a big sale on all their D&D titles, including the Gold Box series (1 2), Dark Sun, and Stronghold (Sandbox similar to Majesty).

Strongholds looks like it holds up well based on my brief view of Nookriums 2018 Let’s Play.

I bounced off of Majesty maybe a slimmed down version would be better for preoccupied me.

Cross-posted from Desperados 3 thread.

Good deal for Desperados 3 if you don’t mind cdkeys.com. $29

$39 at GreenManGaming with voucher DE22

Not sure what I’ll do.

New bundle:

oh nice Lost Technology has been on my wishlist for a long time

Bundle is worth it for One Way Heroics alone.

What’s Unholy Heights? Is it any good?

A cute trashware. Distracting for a little while, then mindbogglingly tedious. A bit like those PSP pseudo dungeon keeper things with terrible English names, if you played them.

Injustice is free on Xbox/PS/Steam. Great game.

I agree with what Left Empty said ^. First half hour was fun.

Yay, gamecount++!

The higher tier has one of Suda51’s earlier games - The Silver Case. It’s in the sound novel genre though, so not sure how many folks would be interested.

I see Katamari Damacy Reroll is on sale for just under $10, how is this? I guess I mainly mean in comparison with the other Katamari games.

edit: mentioned the sale, but forgot to mention the sale is on Steam.

I picked it up for the Switch and I’ve only played the first level. I have no real memory of the later games in the series, this just feels exactly how I remembered the original (which is what I wanted).

The first game is vastly superior to all the uninspired sequels to me. See: Dark Souls.

I played through Reroll and it feels just like the original on PS2. And I always heard that was the best of the Katamari games and that they didn’t really make any major steps forward with the sequels, so I think it’s the definitive Katamari game, certainly on PC!