Bargain Thread 2021

Mentioned in the Switch thread, but if you like those things and also like 2D Zelda, this is 50% off:

Also 50% off on Switch:

But neither of those are on the 3DS you guys. ;)

Etrian Odyssey is by a wide margin the best modern iteration of a Wizardry-style dungeon crawler, down to using the touch screen for grid mapping, if that’s at all your thing.

You have a PC, though. Do you want it to get lonely?

Hah, 98% of my gaming will still be on the PC, I just like a good deal when I see one.

Red Dead Redemption 2 for only $10? Looks like you can buy RDR2 Online from EGS for $5 after coupon, then purchase the story content for $5 from within the game/launcher.

I’m trying it out now, but it’s going to take some time for my download to complete since my internet is slow.

update: This works. Got RDR2 online + story for under $10.

Hmmm, I have for Xbox, but never finished it, and I’m wondering if there are PC mods that make RDR2 worth having on PC?

Meanwhile, I was finally going to get around to playing the copy of Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption that I kickstarted many years ago and claimed a key for fewer but still multiple years ago, and I realized I’d never finished the Quest for Glory series it’s based on.

And I discovered that you can get all five original games for just $6.49 on sale on both Steam and GOG right now. That’s an amazing deal for a ton of gameplay. And now that indie games are a thing, I don’t even have to lament the ancient graphics or dated UI, I’ll just pretend they’re indie titles. :)

All the ancient Sierra adventures are on sale at GOG right now. Perhaps I should pick up the Space Quest games, since it seems those guys are never gonna deliver on their kickstarter at this point. (Latest update was that the game was done but they realized the save game system was broken and it’s a huge rework to create a new one.)

I tried out Monolith. It’s very confusing visually. I’m not sure what I’m looking at on the screen at any time. What’s an enemy, what’s just something that blocks my way, what’s destructible. The music is an assault on my ears, but easily turned off, but the sound effects aren’t much better. Too retro for me, I’m afraid.

As ugly as Atomicrops is, at least I know what I’m looking at! :)

If it moves it’s an enemy. It is hard to distinguish their bullets in the noise of your own fire sometimes, though, I will grant you that.

Continued: