Bargain Thread 2022

It’s also Rebel Galaxy, which means very unique esthetics this side of Cargo Commander. I know I loved the game, but I couldn’t get into it because of it (I never could get into Borderlands either. I’m a failiure as a gamer!).

Absurd and lead to driving one of my favorite devs away from the industry. That and People suck.
RGO is freaking awesome and I bought a copy for the switch just because I thought my daughter might let me play on it…haha no. Now I patiently await my steam deck so I can play it everywhere as God intended.

That may have been a reason Travis left the industry, but I suspect it was a case of greener pastures in the audiobook narration business – he’s probably made a nice bundle narrating the Will Wight books. He’s also written a book that’s out now, and he got a deal with TOR UK for it. He seems to be doing quite well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09R9FSZB5/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0

Sweet I’ll grab that for sure. He did indicate on here that all the grief he got and assholes on the net certainly soured him on the gaming industry. Having an alternative in the voice over biz full of nice people made it an easy choice. Kudos for him, sad for me but I don’t blame him one bit. Voice over work is fun, I did a whole campaign for milk back in the late 80’s. Milk, it does a body good!

I just mentioned Autoduel remake in another thread and when I win the lotto I will throw a lot of money at him to make that for me in the Rebel Galaxy vein. Same music, art style, etc. It would be perfect! Surely, he will come out of retirement for that!

What Brian said, what Left_Empty said, and also (if you look through the reviews) a lot of folks were disappointed it wasn’t a truer sequel to Rebel Galaxy, which was doing something pretty unique (naval-style capital ship combat in space) whereas this is a much more traditional space dogfighter.

Just fucking buy it already people. Geezus.

IIRC, Brian really loved the guy’s death scream in Star Explorers when you run out of oxygen or whatever fatal mishap befalls one exploring strange new alien worlds ;)

You are not wrong sir.

I have the physical version currently sitting on my desk; I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve read, although I haven’t given myself much reading time to dive into it. I’m legendarily awful at time management, lol.

Here’s a bargain: Killer Bundle 22, which at the $6.99 tier contains the truly awesome looking Severed Steel.

Killer Bundle 22 at Fanatical

Severed Steel is a ton of fun.

Blasphemous is totally worth five bucks.

Any Cook Serve Delicious game is worth hundreds of bucks too!

Bought. Been waiting on a discount for this for awhile.

Outlaw is currently $4.49 on EGS and part of a $5 bundle on Fanatical. I bit.
Build your own Headliner Bundle | Fanatical

What’s the other two you chose in that bundle?

Obviously Antihero and Victor Vran. :)

Antihero and Tokyo Xanadu. I have a bad habit of buying jRPGs and then backlogging them. I did indeed already have Victor Vran, and SR2 for that matter, either of which are good.

It could be worse, you could be buying JRPGs and only playing the 2 hours boring introduction part before moving onto the next one, like me!

Hey all, Necromunda: Hired Gun seems to be on sale right now. GMG has it for 17 bucks vs. the regular 40.