Bargain Thread 2022

October is Fallout month. Bethesda is offering a variety of Fallout promotions from discounts to free Fallout 76 for Windows users. Fallout 4 GOTY edition is $9.99 at Steam.

Hah, wondered how long it would take to make it to zero dollars. Thatā€™s what happens after game pass, I guess. Iā€™m still not playing it.

Been waiting for a sale on Battle Chef Brigade on the Switch for years and itā€™s finally dirt cheap on there and Steam.

Itā€™s not a good game, but a decent way to spend some hours in a pretty cool setting, nice views, and sorta Fallout atmosphere, pretty Fallout in some places, like some sort of Fallout wannabe in others.

Unfortunately the guy you see in paint on the Planescape Torment box art is also the main programmer. He has most recently shilled for the Amico investment scam by fighting on Twitter. Considering his recent work history consists of other failed crowdfunding projects I almost donā€™t blame him for taking a regular paycheck defrauding investors.

Per Aspera has a free weekend and $15 sale on Steam.

I quite liked Per Aspera when I got it from Humble Monthly, but I spent almost the entire game churning along at max speed and still felt like I had to wait a lot. Thereā€™s a good game in there, but I think it really needs another iteration to be an excellent game. That is to say, $15 is about the right price to me.

stolen from Slickdeals:

Humble Melee Mayhem Bundle

Bundle Options:

• Pay $12 to Get
    • River City Girls
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Mortal Kombat 11
    • Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Song of Iron
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Mordhau
    • Chronicon
      • Steam Deck Playable
    • 90% off Coupon for Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Add-On Bundle
    • 10% off Coupon for River City Girls Zero
    • 10% off Coupon for River City Girls 2
  • Pay $23 to Get
    • Chivalry 2
    • River City Girls
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Mortal Kombat 11
    • Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Song of Iron
      • Steam Deck Verified
    • Mordhau
    • Chronicon
      • Steam Deck Playable
    • 90% off Coupon for Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Add-On Bundle
    • 10% off Coupon for River City Girls Zero
    • 10% off Coupon for River City Girls 2

Chronicon has been discussed here and there but I wanted to say itā€™s a pixel-art ARPG with a surprising amount of depth and replayability. Itā€™s a keeper!

Resi 2 is cheapest it has been on both Ps and Xbox. Surely Iā€™ll buy it and itā€™ll come to game pass.

Thatā€™s what I was thinking too. I already own it on Steam, but seeing the Racoon City bundle on Xbox for $20 (RE2 Remake and RE3 Remake) is very tempting.

The only thing keeping me away is that I actually played the Steam version that I bought. Unlike the Resident Evil 2 Remake demo, in the full game, you donā€™t get any bullets, so you canā€™t really shoot your enemies, you have to run away from them instead, which isnā€™t as fun.

I completed RE2 Remake (well, Leonā€™s playthrough ā€“ thereā€™s a ton of additional content), and I definitely shot every zombie!

Iā€™ll join and say I loved it too. Itā€™s a great game.

Also wanna chime in to say Chronicon is an absolute delight.

Fallout 3 is one of the weekly giveaways on Epic and it would seem that FO3 is so old I only own it on ā€¦ ew, physical media.

Steam tells me the last time I played Fallout 3 was October 30, 2012. So I guess I should re-install it on October 30, 2022 and then again in 2032.

Thatā€™s the release date for Skyrim 2: Electric Scoobaloo!

Prime Gaming lineup for free games in November:

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Facility 47
WRC 9
Etherborn
Whispering Willows
Last Day of June

I guess after two months with big titles, they are scaling it back.

Fallout is at least 6 GBs.