Battlefield 2042 - DICE Goes Back to the Future, Just Not the 2142 Future

The thing I love about Battlefield is that even though I truly suck at actual combat these days; I can still throw out resupplies and spots and revives!

Working on unlocking the M60. Needs 100 resupplies, got that in less than one round of play. Also need 100 kill/assists with the PKB. Yeah, only at 19 for that.

Did unlock the soflam which I also love. Allows me to irritate the hell out of chopper pilots and spot lots of folks.

I fly helicopters about 60% of my playtime. Mostly little Birds and transports but occasionally one of the attack choppers. When on foot I like to go sniper with a spawn point and harass the “back” flags. cuts down on the need for twitchy skills but can still be effective at capturing a point. Everyone loves a well places spawn point as well. Healing gun is also fun. I’ve gone whole matches without shooting a bullet but I’m prolly not playing right :)

Ah dammit, I was starting to like you.

This is some crazy-ass news.

We are all-in on Battlefield. We are committed to unlocking its potential as one of the best first-person shooter franchises in the world. To make that vision a reality, we’ve launched a global effort, coordinating multiple studios under a leadership team of industry veterans to build a connected Battlefield universe.

Many of you know that Marcus Lehto joined the team earlier in the year. Today we announced the name of his new Seattle-based studio, Ridgeline Games. Marcus will bring his long legacy of creating fascinating worlds and gripping narratives to Battlefield. Backed by a world-class team, he’ll be leading the charge to develop a narrative campaign set in the Battlefield universe that will engage fans in new and exciting ways while remaining true to the classic elements of the series.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Battlefield/status/1567912429534810114

Creative Director Lars Gustavsson is out.

Creative Director Lars Gustavsson, who has been with the franchise since the beginning and is affectionately known as Mr Battlefield, has decided he is ready for a new adventure. We would like to thank him for his invaluable experience, expertise, and friendship for all these years.

Lars has dedicated a substantial portion of his life to Battlefield and is proud to have helped shape the franchise into what it is today. He is excited to pass the baton to the next generation of Battlefield creators at DICE, Ripple Effect, Industrial Toys, and Ridgeline Games.

So, I haven’ t really followed this in a while. Are they just now coming out with Season 2, as in #2 of the 4 seasons that were going to be in the Year 1 Pass?

Yes. They’re about 4 weeks into season 2.

Still playing a few hours a week here and there. Mostly 64 player conquest on all new and old maps or something in Portal if it looks fun. There is vehicle heavy mode going on now that is a lot of fun if you like those. Limited or no planes but lots of choppers! It’s pretty awesome because the attack copters actually seem to get co pilots for a change. I played two whole matches as a gunner in the Apache, we died once. Good time.

Side note… I think the newest map sucks. Need more old maps in Portal please. Something from Dragon Pass dlc from BF4.

I think it’s better than most of the new maps that shipped with the base 2042 game, but that’s a really low bar. It’s definitely worse than the map released last season.

And one new map per season is a farce.

New map is too symmetrical. Big rectangle in middle with two evenly spaced points in middle. 4 capture points the exact distance away from each corner of giant rectangle. Bleh! Maybe just need to play it more.

Agreed on one map is a joke. Would settle for one new map and one old map added per season. Do community polls on future ones to add, etc. You know drum up some excitement or something.

Agreed. It’s crazy how badly they screwed themselves with the terrible launch state.

I got EA Play Pro to play this game. It really wasn’t worth it even though I don’t hate 2042. It just wasn’t good enough to pull me away from anything else.

Yeah, I did that as well. I usually would get some use out of it, but didn’t really play much of anything else either so it was a waste of money in the end. I will probably pick up BF2042 at some point in one of these sales, but haven’t really felt the urge yet.

Hahaha. Not trying to pick on you, but this statement from before the launch did not age well.

Anyway, I was reading through older posts, and man is it sad to see how crushed we all were from the pre-launch hype to this.

Update 2.1 for Season 2: Master of Arms releases on Tuesday, September 27 @ 08:00 UTC.

Here’s an overview of some of the key changes and improvements that are included in this Update:

• A reworked version of Renewal, bringing an improved gameplay flow, new cover, terrain improvements and shorter distances between flags

• The new Polaris RZR in-world vehicle, for swift traversal across the Battlefield

• 3 new Vault Weapons for the the All-Out Warfare arsenal, bringing even more weapon variety; the P90, GOL Sniper Magnum and the M1911

• Improvements have been made to reduce instances of mouse input latency

• Balance tuning for Attack and Transport Helicopters, and the Nightbird

• Irish’s APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel improvements that ensure it now blocks M320 LVG and M26 Mass Frag attachment grenades

• AM40 and Avancys bullets will no longer incorrectly registered as SMG bullets

Yeah, the revamped Renewal map is just more cargo containers, sandbag berms, and concrete barricades scattered around. Yawn. It’s still a lame map. I don’t understand how these revamps take so long to make.

The 1911 pistol is whatever. The P90 is good. The GOL sniper rifle is fine.

Did they fix the hit registration issues?

I was waiting for the part of the video where the player comes around the corner, catches a bad guy unawares, and then empties a magazine into his back to no avail thanks to buggy hitreg.

Seriously, though, is anyone still playing this trainwreck and if so did they finally iron out those hitreg problems or are they still a thing?

My sub ran out to EA Play Pro while I was sick so I didn’t even get to log back on and try it out again.

I’ll probably buy the game for $20 when it gets that low. Not sure what platform though.

I’ve been playing consistently since release and have never noticed hit reg issues (on PC). Shooting feels great to me.