Battlefront II - EA and DICE versus the Dark Side

@rei is showing WHALE-like symptoms. :D

That you are bad at the game?

@wumpus was the original can’t aim for shit stormtrooper. ;)

Also he is credited in the first movie, he hits his head on the door, later in life it causes him to buy lootcrates. ;)

ezgif-3-b1a2ea3a33

Nope. But level cap, who plays these games full time for a living said that the infantry perks don’t convey significant advantage. And having played the game extensively, plus experimentally buying $200 of loot crates “for pay2win”, I would agree.

If you want to believe otherwise, I can’t stop you, but those beliefs are not based on the opinions of players with thousands of hours of FPS experience who have, in fact, bought $100 or more of loot crates to see if they do gain an advantage.

Oh wow. Why does Han Solo look like a jolly hobo in the campaign?

Also, as I said, you can craft any epic card you want at level 20 using parts. And you get plenty of parts as you play, certainly enough for 5-6 epic craft cards without a problem. So whatever advantage there is, it is completely temporary… and you can’t even get purple epics from crates anymore, so even the temporary difference isn’t that wide, blue (3-bar) versus grey (1-bar)… and good freaking luck getting many blues, I got like 5-6 in opening 120 loot crates? Remember that every class can use up to 3 cards, too, and the odds you will get even more than 1 blue card for the same class is basically nil.

I feel like people in here are so busy lynch mobbing they can’t actually be bothered with the actual facts. If you want to say “hey it sucks at level 1 I can’t be as good as a player at level 20”, then I dunno, don’t ever play any game with multiplayer unlocks, ever? And definitely DO NOT play a game that puts jedi and soldiers on the same battlefield.

Reddit rumors of a big conference call and big announcement coming. Hopefully good news and not just fluff.

Folks are seeing microtransaction options being pulled from psn?

Crystals off amazon? Hype rising but tempered!

Bored at work so reddit lurking… apologies if this ends up a false alarm.

I’ll laugh if it’s something like 4 free loot crates to everyone who purchases.

I also heard they nerfed the skirmish/play against the AI modes, that’s it’s only a simple deathmatch now, whereas the first game had several game modes, including walker assault and survival, available offline.

Any truth to this, early adopters?

It was mentioned on reddit, if you don’t maintain a internet connection you don’t earn any credits at the end of round. So why bother with lots of vs AI modes if they don’t contribute to your unlocks.

I checked ORIGIN , all crystal packs have been removed. :O

giphy

More posts about crystals being pulled from all platforms and retailers.

Crosses fingers.

Did disney lay some smack down due to bad press?

No earning credits in offline mode?

Looks like Wumpus got in his $240 experiment right under the wire. Phew! You almost missed your chance wumpus.

Perhaps they will refund all Crystal purchases? Or?

its-a-trap-gif-11

O NOES MY CRYSTALZZZZzzz

Was Disney part of the conference call today? I can imagine it went like this:

lel

Yeah well, I got 24,000 ULTRA rare no longer available crystals, and now my insane godlike advantage over everyone else playing the game is apparently cemented forever.

See you at the top of the online global leaderboards, suckas! I paid and WON!

Official statement. Micros shut off for now. Progression being reworked. Unsure if to buy now or wait for more info.

FTFY!