Battlestar Galactica 19: Operation Airlift

Hey, I said you had a slightly higher chance of being human. That’s something?

Let’s hope so! I still recommend brigging the Admiral though. We’re going to lose this due to fuel.

Can I airlock myself instead? That seems more sane right now.
Seriously, though, the duo might be cylon, but their public choices weren’t unsupported. There’s also a misplay of mine you might be attributing to them, but it was likely to never going to be a big deal. I was young and naive.

@Otthegreat, what say you? I feel a bit trapped in the middle here.

Let’s see what’s going on in…

Is your move not official yet? I thought you already blew that card on the centurion.

It’s just a joke.

Not sure which of their public choices are supported. The food one? Or the other food one? Apollo’s been decently diligent in his CAG duties, I suppose, but it’s a clear giveaway if you’re needlessly letting civvies die.

Would have been nice to brig both asap, but the centurion is too risky. Gina only draws 1 leadership, so can’t rely on any XOs after my turn.

All this assuming I’m not being tricked by stoicism or wily guise, but work with what you have.

Reread the game, I’m still confused. I definetly had forgotten a lot, so I’ll be taking a lot more notes. There’s also a lot of rules and nuances that flew by me at the time. I really need to step up my game.

J+R=C seems oddly likely, but I think I need a bit more to go on.

Seriously, you brig me again and we’re screwed. 99% sure the Cylons have the Admiralty and the CAG tied up. I imagine you’ll set a record for brigging the same human twice in the same game though, so that’s a thing at least.

Sadly, I’m not sure enough of anything.

More importantly, are we waiting on the crisis or did I forget something? That might change the equation.

We usually don’t get to be sure of anything unless they spike just prior to their turn, or it’s an important enough spike that the Cylons are willing to be brigged for it. Just gotta take a chance. For the achievement!

Gina, do you have an IC?

I don’t really support a brigging at this point since I still think there’s a pretty good chance we’d imprison a human by mistake. Not to mention the cards we’d have to spend.

Am I allowed to say one way or another?

Oh, maybe not. Well, if there’s a check, do you have any means to make players expose their cards? ;) (that should be akin to asking whether anyone can modify a roll.)

As for the brigging, this is our chance. Whether we cede that initiative to the Cylons is up to you.

I really don’t get the drive to brig me. Are saying there were two Cylons pre-Sleeper, both me and Apollo? If not, you’re just willing to brig me because there’s a 1 in 5 shot that I’ve suddenly become one?

Let’s go over some of the reasons again.

1. Sacrifice additional food in lieu of discarding 5 cards. You had 5 cards in hand. Suspicious I think, but maybe you had a really good card like Political Prowess (you didn’t).
  • Cylon spiked Colonial day. Could be anyone, but know at least one is out there.
  1. Easy 9 pol/tactics check. You demurred when you had cards to add.
  2. I brig you on a hunch.
  3. Playing OPG after brigged. If Apollo didn’t clear you, you probably would have revealed next turn.
  4. You accuse me of being a Cylon. Understandable at first, but Apollo cleared you I admitted mistake based on 2/11 chance of pre-Kobol double Cylons. You continue to accuse me, ignoring that 1 and 2 are legit suspicious behavior and wanted me brigged. I could have been brigged twice thus, once via mutiny, and once via crisis which was Kat’s choice. A human would recognize that having two humans brigged at the same time is great risk, and would not chance it, but you would. Until Kobol you continued to accuse me of being a Cylon.
  5. Sacrifice additional food in lieu of discarding 5 cards. You had 9 cards in hand. Were all 9 cards 3+ value? This brings us to RED.
  6. Apollo joined in on the accusations at this time + his support for your food consumption. His fate is tied in to yours. Could probably have gotten away with it too, with 2 vs 1, were it not for SoE.
  7. Asking for IC on a check that is harmless (or less harmful) for Cylons to pass, to try to prove humanity. Adding (lots of) cards despite my making it clear that it is not necessary.
  8. Advocating brigging Gina to pass Admiralty.

I don’t know, did you take an action and I missed it?

EDIT: Appears that is the case. Lost amidst the accusations.

Centurion blowed up good.

Prison Labor

You’re up first @soondifferent

Hmm, let’s see, waiting for people to show up for Bang the Dice so will defend my tarnished honor:

1. First turn, the humans had a low number of overall cards and we had a Cylon in play. Thought it would be better to keep those cards to use on checks.
  2. I had 1 card to add, as low a number as you can have. We would have failed by what, 2 instead of 3?
  3. You brig a human, wasting your OPG. I advised brigging no one but you ignored it.
  4. Nope, I’d still be in jail unless I managed to escape.
  5. Gee, I wonder why I accused you. You brigged a human President. That made you Cylon #1 in my book - why would I accept your sudden change of heart?
  6. Yes, I figured I needed my cards, which were all pretty good from what I recall. Recall that I’d already been brigged by you once at this point.
  7. Apollo was/is the Cylon.
  8. I didn’t ask for an IC. EDIT - oh, thought you meant for this last check. I did agree with Apollo that it’d be good to see one on that check as I didn’t trust your whole ‘No one but me play cards’ bit.
  9. The Admiralty would pass to YOU.

If anyone can play a card that makes Treachery positive, this would be the time to play it.