Battlestar Galactica 19: Operation Airlift

If the basestar hits shall we hit president or main batteries on Pegasus, both of which sound good to me

On the the other hand hitting galactica we have a small chance (1/8?) at hitting the fuel lines
@soondifferent

Playing 4 cards and hoping for the best here. Phone bold.

Paging otttttttttt! @Otthegreat

2 cards

1 card @CraigM

Action stations! The trickle of Cylon activity became a full on assault. Each new drip and drab of bogeys had been matched by a painful and slow deployment. At this point their resources were getting thin, and there simply weren’t enough birds to go around.

But some panicked maneuvers, and smart timing, had managed to eek out enough coverage that they could hope to withstand the fury. A fleeting and desperate hope, but one flickering still against the darkness of the void.

Kat took a little pick-me-up from the suddenly important doctor Gaius Baltar, and she managed to get out there just ahead of the chaos. Favoring armor over speed, she installed herself in the hottest of the hot zones, humanities last hope.

A cackling voice broke over the intercoms as the Raiders began their attack run.

‘I hope you enjoy our parting gifts’

The guns of Galactica rang full salvos of flak, trying to keep the smaller ships at bay. The Admiral called the shots from her Raptor while directing traffic for the few flight squads that could be sortied. The President pulled out all the stops and used every political trick he had to force the civilian ships to buy time for the fighters. The doctor, having done his biggest part already, threw a few modifications into the firing systems of Galactica, hoping it would help stave off Armageddon.

With the now ex Admiral still recovering from his abrupt defrocking, it fell to the instigator of this chaos to guide it home.

He readied himself and waited. Then as the attack hit its crescendo he transmitted the file, his hoped for coup d’gras.

Skill cards

Leadership 0(AHoD), 1(XO), 3(DE), 6(SoE)
Tactics 2(LS), 2(G&I), 2(LS)
Piloting 3(MF)
Engineering 4(SR)
+23

Politics 1(CP)
Treachery 4(VO)

+1 AHoD

Total +19, fail. -1 morale. One heavy raider launches in 4, 3 raiders launch in 4, the Basestar attacks roll…

@jeffreyb pick Galactica or Pegasus for the damage. Then select which raider to activate first, 2 or 3z

Yay! Like the buildup in the the writing.

Pegasus please. Start with sector 3

3 raiders in 4move to 5? Any raiders left in stock? ;)

Ok sector 3 raider rolls: 8.

Any actio. @Perky_Goth

Funny man, I don’t have shit.

Viper destroyed. Sector 2 fires… roll 2, miss.

Jeffrey is immune to VO, so that ends the turn.

@Perky_Goth I am packing up from camping now, so expect your turn early afternoon

What was hit on Pegasus?

Can’t check until I get home.

got more vipers? :)

I would not have let this happen as former cag

No, you’d have landed them all to ‘protect’ them from damage.

Ok, it hits the Airlock, sending President Billy to sickbay.

Working turn now.

And still unpacking so the board is not ready yet. However your cards are sent, if you want to start thinking it over @Perky_Goth

I think I (but really, all of the humans and former humans) should have read the rules on the pursuit track (not that it’s easy to parse), it’s not going to budge soon, so there’s no point in waiting, as far as I can tell.
And I don’t think we can, anyway, so @rowe33, would you like to make us jump?

It will not move at this point, unless a Basestar gets destroyed, or you jump.

All Cylon activations are possible on the main game board, so the pursuit track does not tick until that changes. Which, if you jump, would mean immediately, basically.

I still don’t really get how the pursuit track works but the Twelve will get us through.

I can make us jump if that makes sense the Twelve provideth us with the means!