Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

Isn’t that actually in development?

It seems so. I was just expressing my excitement at finding out.

I went back and replayed all of MechCommander a couple of years ago. I found it to still be quite enjoyable. I then moved on to MechCommander 2 and really struggled to get beyond the graphics.

I’m not very hopeful, given its still PGI making it.

The trailer for it looked pretty bad. Basically reskinned MW4?

The environments just look… really bad. I honestly don’t even know exactly why, but compared to what a game like Titanfall 2 has, which deals with exactly the same scale issues, PGI has just seemed to be incapable of making the environments feel realistic, and it detracts from the sense of scale you should get.

Respawn totally nailed this in TF2… the scale of the mechs in Titanfall feels perfect. When you’re in one, you feel like you are a giant ass robot stomping through a city.

In MWO, the cities just didn’t seem like cities at all. And I honestly don’t exactly know what’s off about them.

Just to give context about what I’m saying, this is the MW5 trailer… and the script is bad.

By comparison, here’s the MW5 trailer that Harebrained put out in 2009:

Or current Titanfall 2 gameplay:

I think maybe the scale issue is just due to the buildings in PGI’s mechwarrior being so generic that they don’t look like real buildings. They’re just blocks with “window texture” on them.

Watching the compilation video I was thinking, “I remember playing that, I remember playing that…” Including the MW5 one. Because MW4.

Speak of the devil, new Mechwarrior 5 details and footage just dropped over at Game Informer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=pc&y=2018&m=03&d=16&WeblogPostName=the-beautiful-destruction-of-mechwarrior-5-mercenaries&GroupKeys=games/mechwarrior_5_mercenaries/

Why do people insist on talking about Mechwarrior in the Battletech thread?

That’s like talking about Liam Hemsworth in the Thor: Ragnarok (2017 Thread). I mean, clearly, this is a relation there, but not one that is important to the movie.
Clearly, there is only one Hemsworth people care about, and it’s not the younger knock off.

You’re new here, aren’t you?

A man (or woman) has to have standards. You have to stand for something.
You’re with us or against us.
We hang together or hang separately.

I take the stand I’d never join a club that would have me as a member.

Groucho Marx circa 1949. :)

He said it on his show in 1959. But didn’t he say it in a movie earlier?

I found this at Quote Investigator:

On October 20, 1949 the Hollywood columnist Erskine Johnson published the tale. This is the earliest instance located by QI [EJGR]:

Groucho Marx’s letter of resignation to the Friars’ Club: “I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.”

Cool. I’m a major Groucho fan. Always like to learn new facts. Thanks.

Stephanos? That’s pretty good in Knoxville.

Where does it say Harebrained released this trailer? At the end of the video it shows the PGI logo.

Smith & Tinker was Weisman’s outfit pre-Harebrained, but it does indeed say Piranha Games. I think there was a parting of the ways not long after that.

Yeah, before it was harebrained, it was Tinker and Smith, and I believe that when the trailer originally came out, it was prior to PGI getting on board.

I’m from NY - I hate Chicago style :). We ate at Tomatoheads - pretty good, conveniently located. Though I hear I should try Hardknox next time…

Tomato head is owned by a friend of mine. That pizza is great. And as healthy as she can make it! Sorta California fresh in east tennesee!