Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

You replied by email and your email signature line ended up in the post. Maybe edit?

Ty you are an officer and a gentleman.

Release date confirmed as April 24.

I knew you wouldn’t let me down when I saw you bumped the thread.

thanks for the release date

I watched a lets play of this and was bored out of my mind…perhaps its a game better played than watched

Really looking forward to finally playing this and spraying missiles all over the baddies.

I have to say that for me, every game is better played than watched. I’ve never understood the appeal of being a spectator.

I have grown to appreciate the value of seeing someone very good at video games play them. And then sometimes I just like seeing what’s going on in a game I would never play myself, like Dark Souls.

That said, I am very anxious to finally play this game. Getting to be in charge of my own mercenary team of mechwarriors, well … that just scratches a very specific itch that’s long gone unscratched.

“Our proud, noble houses (and Marik).”

I love the art…

I will be in the middle of a holiday April 24, unfortunately, but looking forward to cracking in when I get back early May!

Here we are, I just ran into this one. Looks like an hour long gameplay demonstration for the mercenary campaign. I’m going to try and watch it through the morning.

For kickstarters, I forgot, do we need to jump through any hoops to get the game? It’s been so long, I don’t have any idea of what the process is (for those that did not get the beta).

Please don’t let this game suck…please don’t let this game suck.

That looks really good. Are they using some other engine than in Shadowrun? As much as I like Shadowrun the engine is a real drag.

They’re planning to add the keys to Backerkit about a day before release, last I heard.

A couple days before launch a key for Steam will become available in your backer kit.

No word yet on if we get to pre-load or not.

Aaaaaaaand pre-ordered. $32 on GMG with code PAYDAY20.

That video was pretty f’ing great.

CohhCarnage streamed a bit of this yesterday and will be again this afternoon. Yesterday he was mostly poking through menus and reading. And I love what I saw from that side of the campaign. There’s sliders for accepting contracts that dictate “how much salvage you get to chose” and “how many random choices you get from the remaining items”, all of course assuming there are items because you didn’t e.g. deliberately totally destroy each mech. I believe they changed how much money you received for the contracts. The pilot skills and other customization options looked really tasty.

I’m still miffed at Harebrained Schemes for abandoning NECROPOLIS in its current state to devote all resources to BATTLETECH . Are they planning to resume support once it’s released?

I doubt it, didn’t they release like a special definitive edition of NECROPOLIS, and said that’s all folks?

I checked and they did have almost 150k owners, sad if they left it unfinished for so many.

I got burned on Necropolis. Lots of potential but simply wasn’t a completed product.