Bin Laden been dead'n

Yup which is why as tempting as it is to pack up and go home, and as crappy as all of our horrible options are in dealing with Pakistan, it why we have to stay engaged. At least until we figure how to seize the Pakistan nuclear weapons in the event that the Taliban take over the country. I am not advocating doing this mind you just developing a plan to keep the subcontinent from going nuclear.

Pakistan is good at a couple of things, existential paranoia, weird conspiracy theories, feudalism (seriously), and continually underselling its promise. I suppose you can look back at partition, Pakistan was birthed in tragedy on a poisonous premise but that’s little excuse for what it’s become especially as India has prospered.

Yup. And if you understand a bit about stealth technology, it makes sense.

Stealth isn’t “invisible” to radar. It can lower a target’s EM signature but if you’re right on top of a radar installation that won’t matter. You’ll light up the range like a christmas tree.

What stealth DOES accomplish is that it allows you to slip in closer to the edges of radar installations without being noticeably detected, allowing you to carve a decent path. Once those helicopters were over the city, though, it didn’t matter what stealth features they had. Helos make lots of noise.

What seems to be the running guess is a stealth-modified black hawk.

The other thing is since ~99% of all aircraft have operating transponders (basically devices that tell radar who you are and your altitude), the radar operator is going to be focused on making sure that transponder equipped avoid hitting each other. The radar may intermittently detect the stealthy helicopter but there is a good chance that operator will assume it is a false return or even a flock of birds and ignore it, especially if it doesn’t appear to be coming from India.

Evidently they also have noise reduction on the helicopters. Although I am sure they can still be heard from a pretty fair distance. The compound is less than 1/2 mile from the Pakistan Military Academy so it is remarkable that the noise, gunfire and flames didn’t attract more attention.

It’s called Dyslexia, and there is not much i can do about it, other than spend a lot of extra time spell checking etc. But some causes are not worth that effort it seems.

Anyway don’t you guys(americans that is) find it a little wierd that Obama is now kind of being quite Bush-like around all this Bin Laden death thing? I guess he is aiming to appeal to the republican swing voter etc, but still…how much more obvious can it be? And does that bother you?

Obama totally got an aircraft carrier in a jumpsuit with a banner saying “Mission Accomplished” behind him. O wait. He didn’t. Maybe you can elaborate on how Obama is like Bush? They have both been The President, I suppose…

Kind of in tone, that speech he gave the other day, hooking into the ground zero vibe. Which is not bad, just reminded me of the way Bushes team would get him to represent the facts etc. It’s true i don’t see a lot about your President every day of my life, but his recent ‘style’ has felt quite different from say six months or more ago? I know for quite a while the Tea-Party thing had been giving the Democrats a hard time, and this whole Bin Laden thing and my precieved slight change in presentation suggest to me they are trying very hard to get any republican floaters on side…or something?

Wow, you’re really on to something here. Do you have a blog I can subscribe to?

Look. Here’s a suggestion. Every time you type the words “you guys” or “you” intended to refer to Americans, stop what you’re doing and imagine that you are really typing “You black people” or “You Jews”, and then ask yourself if you really want to continue with that post.

Seriously. Every time you do it you (singular) look dumber than a box of hammers.

Why not? Is your goal to piss people off or to have your opinions taken seriously? If it’s the latter, then you should consider dialing down the rhetoric and accusations. Alongside that, reading your own drivel in a preview before you expect others to do so is not too much to ask.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42928874/ns/world_news-death_of_bin_laden/?GT1=43001

Bin Laden’s death confirmed by Al-Qaida.

I don’t want to diminish the difficulties caused by dyslexia but I think it’s fairly clear that it’s merely tangential to the real problem with Zak’s posts, the fact that his bullshit generalisations about americans show him to be a giant douche. Dyslexia or no dyslexia.

This just confirms what I always suspected: Even they are in on the conspiracy! We need to see the photos ASAP!11

Osama’s funeral on tape.

Ah, here we go: Crashed Copter Sparks Concerns About Secrets (among concern trolls at the WSJ).

Called it!

What do y’all make of Bush declining to join Obama at Ground Zero? My guess is that he didn’t want to see re-airings of that clip of him, a mere six months after 9/11, declaring about Bin Laden that “I really just don’t spend that much time on him, to be honest with you.”

And who wants to make a speech in the same event as Obama?

I think he’s just happy being away from one of the hardest jobs on the planet.

Mentioning ground zero in a speech about the death of the mastermind of 9/11 makes Obama “Bush-like?” Obama paying his respects at ground zero makes him “Bush-like?” You really are an inane idiot, aren’t you? Although, I heard that Obama brushes his teeth, and Bush ALSO brushes his teeth, so really, they are practically the same person.

Put a dishpan over the rotor! No one will hear it then.