Bioshock Infinite's infinite space, bounded in a nutshell

I very much so agree with this review. If I were to rate this game on a five star scale I would give it two and one-half stars. The sheer granduer of this game was far over hyped by all media. Seriously, Metacritic (lulz) giving it a perfect score before the game was even released. I see this game as mediocre and am glad I did not waste money purchasing it. I'll still with Bioshock 1 and 2.

stick with*

I enjoy or tolerate everything about this game except the level design. I've never seen such an open environment begging to be explored, only to be walled off and reduced to suffocating corridors. It's like stretching Saran wrap over your face.

Corrections:
While technically a correct a sentence, I doubt it's what you intended: "It serves the three purposes." Maybe drop the "the"?

This review is a joke. It's clearly a reviewer who is criticizing the game for attention. "An actor's face belongs here" is one of the problems he has with the game, which would be a critique against the genre... except this is the same man who gave The Darkness II a perfect score.

You, my friend, have lost all credibility. How this generic website even has a say in a metascore is beyond me.

"You’re going to have to revise your concept, or come up with some way to draw limits around the djinni’s power.... But the developers on Bioshock Infinite have no such facility with Elizabeth’s game-breaking role. "

Uhm... I thought it was pretty clearly established that there were limits on Elizabeth's abilities AND why those limits existed...?

I think bioshock infinite is one of the best games I've ever played. And yet, this review does not inspire murderous rage in me. I agree with some of the critique here, and disagree with other parts. Overall I have no strong feelings about this review, despite thinking Infinite was all but perfect. There must be something wrong with me, huh.

i agree. those guys are fuckin retarded ans smartasses

I've always thought that one of the most pointless and the biggest joke of a so called "profession" is a video game reviewer. It is sites like this, and people like Tom Chick that contribute to this.

Any uneducated and unprofessional idiot can form a website and write whatever the heck he/she wants. This is clearly the example of such.

Tom Chick... next time you want to write a "review", please be more objective, and thorough in describing as much aspects of the game as possible. And please don't pick your spots on just the things you did not like and ramble about it continuously. Please don't write your "review" after many other reviews have been posted, just so that your pathetic and unprofessional "review" sticks out like a sore thumb on Metacritic. You might succeed in getting some extra traffic due to your unreasonable means of scoring and "reviewing" games, but in the end, it makes you look like a complete fool.

Did you even play and finish this game?

Tom Chick... why do you even operate a site like this if you can't even take a valid criticism? If you don't want to be criticized heavily for your lack of professionalism, then do a better job at writing more detailed and thorough reviews. Don't delete comments just because it was critical of your writing.

This just proves how unprofessional you and your pathetic website truly is. Another proof that any idiot with a keyboard can form a website and write as much blah blah blah to his/her heart's content.

Thanks for proving my point, once again.

Oh man, if I'm deleting comments, I really suck at it!

Once again, no comments are being deleted. On the contrary, I dutifully scrape the spam filter so that every carefully composed bon mot gets its chance to sparkle resplendently.

Thank you for writing this. You vocalized a lot of difficult but important issues.

This is probably the worst review that has ever been written, that guy who wrote this needs to be fired and never allowed to review games ever again.

Beautifully written review, Tom. The game screamed out to be freed of its first-person shooter shackles.

5 out of 5 for the The Darkness II

5 out of 5 for Assassin's Creed III

3 out of 5 for Bioshock Infinite

Who let you review games?

You are probably the biggest troll ever, splendid. Halo 4: 1/5, The Last of Us: 3/5, Bioshock Infinite 3/5? You are obviously just looking for attention and like to pick out the highest rated games of the year and take a nice crap on them, COD: Black Ops 2 was better? Yea, no.

yeah black ops 2 was better than boreshock infinite and overrated last of us.

Those games were better than bioshock infinite.

or you can stop reading his reviews and stop playing games.

lol infinite is rated by onl 30 "critic" sites in comparison with other sites, hardly a good way to judge scores on metaciritc.

Great game my ass.