Black Ops Cold War is the next Call of Duty

Three hours from not knowing where to push the button to completing the challenge ain’t bad at all. The Outbreak mode in Cold War stuff takes a lot longer. :)

it’s not bad in the grand scheme of things, but that is three hours of doing something frustrating and not even the slightest bit fun with many, many times being shot while spawning in. grats on finishing it, but I definitely saw no reason to waste my time, and I love cosmetics.

In Outbreak I think people are sleeping on having a real melee secondary. Bringing the sword and upgrading it as well as putting either shatter/burn/deadwire on it means when using whatever main weapon, hitting melee does real damage and applies the secondary ammo mod. I start with sword then find a shotgun asap and start upgrading both. Has been more effective than wonder weapons so far. Finally found the Ray-k and it was actually quite the step down in total power losing the melee offhand.

It took me a lot less than three hours, but I play Warzone a lot and had watched some streamers so I knew where the button was to start it myself and could handle the morons who wanted to shoot me.

With regard to Outbreak, are you taking the swords as your primary starting weapon and then picking up a gun along the way and upgrading that?

I put Aetherium into the Melee category to turn the butt of the gun into knives. I think I have Melee III now. It sounds like you’re using melee as your primary though…

Yes. Bring the sword as your primary. Then find/buy a gun to use. This way you can upgrade and amo mod the melee attack that you use with the gun. It uses your secondary weapon if it is a melee weapon.

Gotcha. I’ve been using Outbreak to level my primary weapons. It’s really great for that. I went from Level 3 to Level 20 with the new FARA (which when pack-a-punched becomes the NEARA… heh) last night. I randomized attachments to get some stuff on it which worked well.

I can easily see where I could go far in this with your strategy though. I hardly ever need two guns when I play now. It would be better to have a more powerful melee in those moments I get surrounded.

Ya…thats a good idea to bring a nice Melee into Outbreak. I love shotgun’s as the 2nd gun but they load too slow…but I have not unlocked much yet since Im’ just level 28.

most shotguns are not so bad once you pack them and especially packed with speed perk. if anything they might need slower reload for balance if they are not going to buff all the other guns. Once packed each shell reloaded is multiple shots. I know most people only use the hauer, but I definitely suggest the streetsweeper as well. It goes from the absolute worst weapon in zombies to one of the best once you get all the attachments unlocked + pack it. Leveling it in zombies is torturous though since reload speed is key in zombies and that is by far the weakest part of the weapon. If you don’t mind multiplayer, the streetsweeper levels fast in 6v6 or 3v3

Just have to vent quick that the constant installing shaders BS is so annoying… Between this and the ridiculous install size makes me scratch my head why?!?

It should only do the shaders on initial install right?

It should. But it does it every single time I start the game.

Erk. Doesn’t do that for me. I bought it about a week ago and have been playing solo Outbreak and the campaign. It behaves like it should…

It depends what you’re playing. I don’t know if Cold War has the shader nonsense that Warzone has on PC?

The shader thing was a main reason I stayed on PS4/PS5.

Warzone on PC has it, sadly. Cold War does it once for the campaign, never seen it again.

At least you guys don’t have to redownload the $(*%ing HD Texture Packs or whatever else the installation on PS5 forgets I have installed. I swear I’d blow through any Comcast caps with this game alone.

It’s pretty clear that the American broadband infrastructure sucks, and the pandemic has just made it even more noticeable.

I have the speed and the solid connection. Infinity Ward needs to fix their shit.

Also, while we’re bitching about a game I have hundreds of hours in… did you know the scoreboard is STILL broken in Warzone after an entire year of availability?

When your game ends and you get back to the walking screen, if you play with controller, pull the left trigger and try to check your score from the last game. It works about five percent of the time. It might have the right numbers, but hardly ever shows the proper names of the players. It’s so simple, and so busted.

No one should have data caps these days, though, and we wouldn’t, if we had a decent broad band system. Where I live, many people cannot even GET broadband, period.

I agree. Comcast bailed on them here until next year because of customer revolt. It’s going to be hard for them to put them in near Philly because so many people around here are employed by them and cap is going to make them targets for more abuse!

When you decide to dominate the skyline of the city with a fuck around and find out motto, you need to tread a little careful.

Finally had a night free of disconnects and we hit level 20 in Outbreak. So good.

I’m now bugged and no longer receive flawless crystals. still getting refined but no flawless no matter how long a game goes. killed my desire to play since I’m not done upgrading yet. :(