Blade Runner 2!?

Villeneuve, Deakins, and Fancher! Oh, also that Gosling kid is pretty good. I think Han Solo has something to do with this as well.

-Tom

I think I may have finally reached “acceptance” stage, as I am excited to see what comes of this. Every name on this list is a potential home-run. It doesn’t hurt that I have finally decided that with this, along with most things, nothing is going to break or change Deckard from being human …my love of the first movie.

It will be interesting to see what they do with that, won’t it? Will they make a sequel to the theatrical release, or a sequel to the movie Ridley Scott originally made? It’s got to be an either/or.

-Tom

The fact that Harrison Ford is involved is enough to say it’s not a canonical sequel to Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner. No way he’d still be alive.

I don’t expect it to be phoned in with talent like that, but I’ll probably consider this to be noncanonical to the original.

This seems like a safe bet given that the original is non-canonical.

I meant canonical to the movie. The book & the movie are two different beasts with wildly different themes & outcomes.

Actually, it’s occurring to me that maybe you meant the theatrical cut. Let’s just go with the director’s & final cuts, since the culture at large has settled on them & their themes & outcomes are consistent. Deckard only had a few years left in either one.

Deadline is reporting that Blade Runner 2 has moved from a January 2018 release to October 6, 2017. That’s got to be a good sign, right?

Excuse the double post. Entertainment Weekly released their Comic Con Special, which contains a brief article about Blade Runner 2.

Variety’s reporting that David Dastmalchian and Hiam Abbass have joined the cast.

Filming has begun in Hungary.

Everyone’s favorite Joker, Jared Leto, has joined the cast.

While Deckard was a replicant, was it explicitly stated that he had a similarly shortened lifespan to other replicants? I always thought that he was perhaps special in that regard.

[quote=“Timex, post:71, topic:75988, full:true”]While Deckard was a replicant, was it explicitly stated that he had a similarly shortened lifespan to other replicants? I always thought that he was perhaps special in that regard.
[/quote]

Okay, you got me there.

We have an official title: Blade Runner 2049. Opens this time next year.

Trailer

Hurry up October!

This looks amazing (as expected). Weirdly clean compared to the original. Definitely a different look. But that cinematography… Deakins is a genius.

So Deckard is not a replicant in this version? Speculate away!

Pick one:

1. Deckard is a special replicant that can age.

2. Deckard from Blade Runner was killed or died when his end date hit and this is a new Deckard replicant.

3. Deckard’s not a replicant.

4 . This is Deckard’s original human model and they need him to catch Deckard who is still at large (and will be a digital actor).

That doesn’t seem likely. QT3 said no more digital actors after Rogue One.

What do you pay a digital actor anyway? Do they work for scale?