Blood on the Clocktower Game 2 (complete)

Hello everyone. I’ve just returned from RV hunting with my gf, which is a real pain in the ass. RV’s are maybe predictably the new thing in our pandemic world. Anyway, this thread has blown up admirably! This go round, I am informed (and see no reason to conceal) that I am the Recluse. I guess have been a demon in a previous life gives me a bit of a sinister vibe and the rest of the townsfolk generally want nothing to do with me. I suppose this means we have a Baron.

Non specific ‘that was weird’ talk from Juan, offering nothing in return?

That is suspicious, though perhaps not malicious?

And looking back through the thread, I see that no one else has claimed to be an outsider and only Casey has failed to check in yet, which means either Casey is the saint/butler or we have a drunk (or the other outsider is declining to reveal themselves.)

Casey has checked in.

Oh right, I missed that trying to read quickly through posts. OK, well then, a drunk–unless another outside wants to reveal themselves.

My goal this game is to be involved in at least one gossip group. I felt a little lonely last time :)

It’s hard to say what is weird when we played one game, and one that was messy. Last time I kept things too close to my chest, now I switched it around and people react differently. We’ll tune it in.
What I really need to change is making notes, though.

Juan whispers to @Matt_W

There you go, I’ll be your gossip group.

Well, Craig started the first one this round, so you might get in on that action if you ask nicely :)

Matt converses with @Juan_Raigada. Yay! My first BotCT PM!

I converse back, might be a couple back and forth here.

Well, it seems like everyone’s floating around.

I’ll go ahead and open up the floor for nominations!

I’m going to bed, but not without finishing my back and forth with @Matt_W (serious convo, 11 messages total)

I’ll nominate @Perky_Goth. Perky’s early reveal as the fortune teller is odd and early conversations with Craig look suspiciously like my attempt as the imp to reveal bluffable characters to Juan last game.

Also, if Perky actually is the fortune teller, he’s a target for the imp tonight anyway, so probably won’t be useful past this day (unless we have a Monk?) If we have an undertaker, we gain more info by executing.

I can’t think of a single reason why a good player would want to execute someone claiming to be the Fortune Teller on the very first day, with no other information.

@Perky_Goth You have been nominated for execution! Do you have anything to say in your defense?

I outlined several?

Not really. If you’re good, you can’t possible know if he’s telling the truth or lying. It’s a role that gains info each round, and you want to stop that. Even him getting murdered would give us information.

There’s other information. Also, you whispered to Perky really early on, so that makes you a possible suspect in this specific permutation.

Given Craig’s and your whisper, and jostlys info, a good bet if Perky>Imp, Craig>poisoner, Scott>Baron

As @Matt_W said, the Fortuneteller is the only dangerous character for Evil revealed so far, either he is executed or the Imp will kill him.

If the Imp kills him, that is information. If we kill him, it’s ignorance.