Christien Murawski's memorial & celebration of life 2/22/20

This story of his was illuminating.

“Sometimes I marvel at how awesome people are. I complain so often about the jerks. But then you meet people like Elaine and Al. And John. And you realize…damn…people are pretty fucking great.”

Oh man, that’s a great story. Never saw that in the thread so thanks for posting!

Yep, me too. I never saw that story before, It was a good one. Thanks for posting.

Christien’s obituary.

Wow…learned a lot more about the man. Sounds like he was a great father, so very important for a son. Very sad.

@ineffablebob,

That was a nice read, and I’m still missing xtien. The middle link to QT3 is wrong, pointing to qt3 dot com.

The part about looking for the hidden monkey at Trader Joe really got to me. We do the same with Maizey the wolverine here.

@ineffablebob,

Also:

I can’t find the reference, but maybe @tomchick can confirm that Christien was the type of friend who would do a dramatic reading of a Laird Barron short story to help someone get through a really bad time.

@ineffablebob, Christien talking about watching the Alien movie franchise with his son.

I miss making gifs for my friend.

Thanks, @marquac and @Djscman! All of those are great to read through.

And I know he truly enjoyed every single one of them. ;)

Apologies, won’t be able to make it, though I really wanted to.

— Alan

My 11 year old daughter and I will be staying over in Studio City on Friday night. It’s about a 35 minute drive east from the theatricum botanicum. We’ll have a rental that should seat 4. If any nearby non-driving (non-smoking) or car-pool seeking Qt3’ers want a ride drop me a msg.

We’re going to need to find someone to watch my daughter for the afternoon – her school is having a full K/TK play-date, and she’s been excited to go, but then my son has trumpet things in other parts of town. We think we can find someone, but … gotta find someone.

Will be sending thoughts from the other side of the Pacific. Looking forward to seeing photos.

I’m already in town, a few hours north of the venue visiting with family. If people are getting together Friday night, we’ll drive down and spend the night. Otherwise, we’ll see everyone on Saturday.

Sadly I was unable to make this happen. Looking forward to seeing photos of everyone together.

Yep, please everyone take and post lots of pictures. :)