Chuck

We gave up on this for awhile, but then came back.

The last two episodes have been much better, but you can’t think too much or it’s awful again.

Pineapple.

Dude, don’t even think “pineapple.”

God I loved the Halloween episode. Dressing up as a Dune sandworm! (“They’re shai hulud, dammit!”) and then seeing the Dune poster on his wall later that episode was priceless. It may have been there the entire show, but their attention to geek detail in Chuck is amazing.

I honestly thought this show would have been canceled by now, but the quality seems to be increasing over time (which surprisingly seems to be happening to Bionic Woman as well, though not as much). I still don’t think it’s graet, but it doesn’t bother me when my wife turns it on anymore.

Chuck is not only growing in quality, which is unusual for a show with an already strong debut (typically if a show starts out awesome, it’s shit by the second season, see Prison Break as a major example). It’s also having amazing ratings consistency. It’s audience is remarkably faithful, with nearly no erosion in ratings from episode to episode. With the last episode actually seing an increase in ratings (4.6/7 -> 5.0/8).

For a change, the audience is rewarding this increase in quality. Very surprising, considering that based on previous experience this show should’ve been off the air 5 episodes ago.

Really? I gave up after about 5 or 6 episodes. It was OK, but not enough to keep me going. I kept expecting it to get better but it didn’t (IMO, obviously). If it’s been improving, I may give it another shot.

I’ve been watching but I have a hard time with the sudden lurches between comedy and drama it seems to constantly swing between. One minute your laughing at something and the next Chuck’s sister is about to die or something.

If you still didn’t care for it after 5 episodes, I can’t say you’ll enjoy it now. While the pilot episode was probably the weakest of the entire season, the basic characters and premise haven’t changed.

That said, I enjoy it more each time and it has replaced My Name is Earl as my dumb show that I like well enough to watch.

Uh oh. Chuck’s got competition. And not in the Sarah sense. Good holiday cliffhanger.

Alert: NBC has apparently pulled two new episodes out of it’s ass and will be airing them BOTH tonight. One at 8:00pm and one at 10:00pm.

Seems like an odd thing to do with the writer’s strike on, unless these were the only two that got done pre-strike and now they feel they won’t be showing Chuck again until next fall…

It’s probably the end of the season. Many shows had their seasons cut short because of the strike,
but communication from the networks about it is pretty spotty.

As if there’s anything else left to watch.

I was a little worried that this thread was about me.

On a side note, there’s been 2 movies and 1 tv series this year alone using the oft maligned nickname. Wierdest was Chuck & Larry, considering that my decades-old video buddy is named Larry. (Intellivision’s Super Pro Football!)

Two TV series.

The girl on Pushing Daisies is also named Chuck.

Oh, and for a quick look at what we’ve got remaining 'til Hollywood TV is officially drained, click right here.

Yeah, I didn’t know their were more until I saw some torrents earlier this week (they’ve just run in Canada). I hate this bullshit. It’s like the new Earl and 30 Rock that came out of nowhere. I’m not watching any network enough to catch their last minute promotions thanks to the strike. Text book way to lose viewership. Hold back some orphan episodes for no apparent reason and then push them on the air as a surprise after months of nothing…

I have to say that the first of the 2 Chuck episodes tonight was the best one I’ve seen. I really liked the fleshing out of the other characters on the show. I’m saving the other one for another day, since I caught it on my DVR.

Yeah that WAS a great episode, and it had nothing to do with the fact that Adam Baldwin looked hotter then hell in a wet tuxedo. Nothing whatsoever.

Even though the second season premiere doesn’t air until next week, it’s up on Hulu. It’s a good episode that’s not going to sway anyone who doesn’t already like the show, but it delivers for the fans.

I beg to differ. Who wouldn’t be completely sold on this show after seeing Casey’s revolving fireplace targets?

I’ll have to check it out. I do like Chuck quite a bit.