CoD: Warzone

I actually am playing it, but only because my friends are at this point.

How did you guys notice the change if it has no visible impact? Someone else tipped you off to look for it?

The only difference is the levels, yes. You’re buying the pass and the first 20 levels of progress, with the stuff that unlocks in those 20 levels.

Meanwhile, it turns out truck tyres are rocket proof.

That is what I get. It is just gone. I’ve had it do the borderless, and in my case I think it set the render to 50% (was thinking it bumped it up to 4k, but I think the time that happened was geforce experience). I’ll have to see if it did it again.

I think I noticed when it happened, because in the initial mp screen my guy wasn’t looking very crisp.

They added 4-man squads…and removed 3-man. What the fuck.

Yeah. It’s a crappy change. We had no issues with getting three together, same as Apex, and now we have to take on a rando much of the time. Sigh. The Fortnite people won out, I guess?

As for crashing, no issues on PS4. The changes they made for season three are excellent though. The random loot is way better and even though loadout drops are still cool, they are no longer essential. You can easily put together a good combo from the loot guns on the ground.

Is there a way to inspect your weapon in-game to see everything it has (including a possible perk)?

You still want a loadout for the perks. I mean, cold blooded and ghost with a heartbeat sensor (world pickup but a guarantee from a drop) give you a massive advantage over someone who doesn’t have it. And amped or the faster revive one are also very good.

But $10K for a drop in solos is stupid high. At least scale the price for solos. It’s weird since I think the price is too low for squads (too easy to get) and way too high for solos.

I think the perks are slightly overvalued by people. I switched up a bunch of loadouts to have Ghost on them and really wasn’t seeing a major change in my results.

The reality is like any Battle Royale, you need a constant stream of information, good movement choices, and to see the other guy first. That last part is huge. You also need to not get third partied, which seems a little more common now in quads.

Solos is different, because you really have to be stealthy, but you also have to hit your shots. One miss is deadly.

Only one crash yesterday. My render percentage and fullscreen status had not changed. Sigh. At least it was just once, I guess.

I guess I should try to play some warzone and see if it is more stable for me than ground war.

…And just like that, trios are back.

Yeah. It’s a good thing. We’ve alternated now depending how many of the guys I’ve played with are online.

I rather have duos than trios, since you can be more competitive as 3 players against 4 than 2 against 3.

Which is why these perks are so important, regardless of your highly unscientific anectdotal evidence, since with these perks and utilities you are more likely to spot the other guy (without them) first.

Also, I don’t agree about not needing loadouts for weapons, as the weapons you find aren’t really that good. Sure, there may be more variety now but that does’t mean they are anything as good as the ones from your own loadouts. I mean, I wish you were right, because then I didn’t have to spend any time grinding weapons in the regular suck-ass mp modes.

Honestly, I think I’d prefer no loadouts at all (with perks being loot and/or buyable), because then at least everybody would be on the same leveling field.

Which perks make you more likely to spot someone? Most of the ones I’ve been using have been like, run longer or whatever.

None of them. But there are at least two that make you less likely to be seen, so you’re more likely to spot the enemy first, (provided the enemy isn’t using them).

Which ones are those? I have barely looked through the perks.

Ghost and Cold Blooded, in slots 2 and 1.

Ghost stops you from showing up to heartbeat sensors, UAVs, and radar.

Cold blooded means you don’t glow on thermal sights, you can be seen by recon drones but you can’t be marked by them and, importantly, if someone has that high alert perk that flashes the screen when someone sees them, you don’t trigger it…

I guess the “Tracker” perk in slot three can help you “see” an enemy, because it’ll show you footprints on the ground if an enemy has been there recently, but I don’t find that perk as useful as I expected.

As Mr_Bismarck said, the perks don’t help you spot someone but helps you not get spotted. The heartbeat sensor will help you spot someone, which is a tactical and can be looted or in a loadout. The latter will of course guarantee you it.

Yeah, the heartbeat sensor is crazy useful if you make it to the later part of the match. It makes it a lot easier to find those stragglers hiding or see how many baddies are dug into a structure.